Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question phpbb3 to Kunena

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #121 by zenith
Replied by zenith on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
I have a problem... I have tranfared all topics post and etc... But there is no user. Here is screen for you. So what i did wrong?

I followed the tutorial with go.php file. So how i can import user with pw`s?

[img
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by zenith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #122 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi
I'm using this procedure to convert from phpbb3 to kunena (new install)
docs.kunena.com/index.php/PHPBB3_to_Kunena

when I run the .../converter/go.php
It stops here:

Importing data from phpBB

Connecting to Database... OK
Populating Categories...
Invalid query:
TRUNCATE TABLE `edi9048_2010`.`jos_fb_categories`
DELETE command denied to user 'edi9048_edile'@'localhost' for table 'jos_fb_categories'

any suggestion??
is there any better way to import users and post from phpbb3 to kunena?
thnx

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #123 by ron273
Replied by ron273 on topic Re: phpbb3 to Kunena
Hi there,

I tried to use the migration method from PHPBB3 to Kunena as written in the Kunena docs.
When I start the converter script(go.php) in step 7 it gives me the following output:
Code:
Importing data from phpBB Connecting to Database... OK Populating Categories... OK OK Populating Messages Table... OK Populating Messages_Text Table... Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1873 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxxx/www/converter/go.php on line 316

When looking at the forum, it did migrate the categories and topics, but not the posts and corresponding users. Could this be because it is a fairly large database? (200 MB in total)

If so, is there a way around this? I already tried tweaking MAX_EXECUTION_TIME on my server, but that did not solve the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I desperately want to migration to a Joomla integrated forum solution.

Thanks!

Ronald
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by ron273.

More
13 years 11 months ago #124 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re: phpbb3 to Kunena
What's your memory limits on your PHP config?

More
13 years 11 months ago #125 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:phpbb3 to Kunena
zenith wrote:

I have a problem... I have tranfared all topics post and etc... But there is no user. Here is screen for you. So what i did wrong?

I followed the tutorial with go.php file. So how i can import user with pw`s?

Looks like go.php errored out on the user import which it should do before the forums/posts

You can't correct the mistake without restarting again.. As far as passwords check a few pages back as the only way currently (scripted) is firstly to do a Jfusion install to create a joomla db with the users and backup that DB, do a Go.php to kunena on a fresh joomla install and then use the rehashed passwords in the jfusion joomla db using the script that was wrote for me by a friend

More
13 years 11 months ago #126 by ron273
Kymmy,

Memory limit is currently 16M
Max execution time is 120

Cheers,

Ronald

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #127 by Kymmy
ron273 wrote:

Kymmy,

Memory limit is currently 16M
Max execution time is 120

Cheers,

Ronald

Well try doubling the memory limit as your error "Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted " means that it exhausted the 16Mb and wanted more.. You'll also find that with todays sized pictures that GD/Imagemagik will want a lot more if you do anything graphic wise (gallery/coppermine..etc..).. In this day and age 16Mb is way to small and seems to be from a time when max installed memory was a lot lower
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Kymmy.

More
13 years 11 months ago #128 by ron273
Hi,

I tried tripling it to 64M that and the error is:
Code:
Importing data from phpBB Connecting to Database... OK Populating Categories... OK OK Populating Messages Table... OK Populating Messages_Text Table... Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2419 bytes) in /home/ronald/www/converter/go.php on line 140

Don't know how big I can make it without crashing Apache, but I will give it a try.

Ronald

More
13 years 11 months ago #129 by Kymmy
I don't think that Apache will mind.. what I would do though is when you do find the correct setting you revert it back down to 64Mb afterwards which should be fine for general usage. Let us know though how much it eventually takes.

I wonder though if the script itself has a problem releasing memory??

More
13 years 11 months ago #130 by ron273
OK,

I enlarged memory_limit to 128M and max_execution_time to 120.
The script is now functioning, but as there are a large number of posts, the Populating Smilies part is taking quite some time (> 30 minutes in my case).But the script is still running, so I have good hopes.

I will let you know once the script is finished.

Ronald

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds