Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question SW KBirthday Module support & news

More
12 years 3 months ago #11 by ChaosHead
The module isn't cached. Add
Code:
<param name="cache" type="list" default="1" label="Caching" description="Select whether to cache the content of this module"> <option value="1">Use global</option> <option value="0">No caching</option> </param> <param name="cache_time" type="text" default="900" label="Cache Time" description="The time before the module is recached" />
to mod_sw_kbirthday.xml
Without caching he creates high loading on a hosting
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #12 by fribse
I have disabled ALL caching, and the caching plugin.
It should link to the CB profile.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #13 by Lailo
First of all, great work - thank you very much!

We used to use this module on our website/forums and the users loved it. However some birthdates were shown a day too early and everyone was gratulating too early, that is why I deinstalled it and wanted to install an updated version to see if that has been fixed.

However now I have the same issue:

CheechDogg wrote: I installed this Mod but I got the following error message:

public_html/tmp/install_4f0673f771d9b/languages/de-DE/de-DE.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini' does not exist.

Any idea why? I tried uninstalling it to reinstall it and I got the following error message:

It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'de-DE.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'en-GB.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'es-ES.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'fr-FR.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'hu-HU.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'it-IT.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'nl-NL.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'pl-PL.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'pt-BR.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'pt-PT.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'ru-RU.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'sr-YU.mod_sw_kbirthday.ini'

Got the same issue. Tried to install via normal Joomla extention backend. Using Joomla Version 1.6.0 and Kunena 1.6.3.

(I first tried to install the top one but was told that the php version is too old. That is why I deinstalled it. Afterwards I tried to install the one at the bottom and received the above errors.)

Any ideas?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Lailo.
More
12 years 3 months ago #14 by Lailo
Ok, I just read to change the folder name "language" to "languages"... I did that and installed the package afterwards and received no more error message while installing in the backend.

However when looking in the frontend I receive an error message:

Warning: require(/homepages/0/d237488556/htdocs/joomla/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/tmpl/.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/0/d237488556/htdocs/joomla/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/mod_sw_kbirthday.php on line 33

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/homepages/0/d237488556/htdocs/joomla/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/tmpl/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/0/d237488556/htdocs/joomla/modules/mod_sw_kbirthday/mod_sw_kbirthday.php on line 33

Is it maybe not working for 1.6.3 and the one that would work with it only works with php 1.53? That would be a piti, if that was the case. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for support!
More
12 years 3 months ago #15 by CheechDogg
Lailo I fixed this issue by uploading my english file manually via FTP. I "did not" rename the language file to languages either so try it the way I did it. Let me know if it works.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 3 months ago #16 by CheechDogg
Bummer, I waited till to day to see if the Module would create the thread on the forums and it didn't.

I added the category ID 86, Botname Kunena Birthdaybot and Bot ID 0 and nothing. Any ideas?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 3 months ago #17 by Lailo
Hi all,

Ok with some help from a friend, we sorted the issue out and the module is displayed correctly and also showing correctly, that there is someone in our community who has birthday today :-)

However it was not really the language that made the trouble, but the template (tried the manual upload, too CheechDogg - thanks anyway though!!).

What we changed in mod_sw_kbirthday.php at the bottom was:

//require(JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath('mod_sw_kbirthday', $tmpl));
require(JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath('mod_sw_kbirthday'));

So now:
The only thing that is not working as it should be is the configuration menu within the backend (i.e. where you can decide if you want to display a link to the profile or if you want to start a new topic etc.). The configuration options are just not displayed. But as we were not using that anyway and simply wanted to display the birthdays within the frontend, this is ok! :)
More
12 years 3 months ago #18 by svanschu
@Lailo the bottom download is only for Joomla 1.5! It won't work in Joomla 1.6 … And in the next version there is an workaround so the module for J 1.6 will also work on php 5.2

JYI: Anyway on the Dev lists of Joomla already discussion started to drop support for php 5.2 in the next platform version.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #19 by svanschu
@cheechdogg Which Joomla, Kunena and module version?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by svanschu.
More
12 years 3 months ago #20 by svanschu
BTW There is also the posibility to add bugs on github

J1.6+
github.com/svanschu/mod_sw_kbirthday_J16

J1.5
github.com/svanschu/mod_sw_kbirthday

Sometime some issue get lost in all that forum posts
Time to create page: 0.677 seconds