Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved K 2.0.2, K 2.0.3: problems with preview

More
11 years 5 months ago #61 by parslej
Replied by parslej on topic Preview doesnt work
I can confirm disabling html suffixes helped. Preview is working now.
Thanks for your tips

However I'd like to have those suffices enabled.
How can I get 2.0.3 dev version ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #62 by xillibit
Hello,

In Joomla! configuraton panel disable add suffix to url will solve the isse with preview.

For your second problem, try with default Joomla! and Kunena template.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 4 months ago #63 by roland_d_alsace
:( K 2.0.3 don't solve the problem !

More
11 years 4 months ago #64 by sozzled
Can we please see your updated configuration report, Roland?

More
11 years 4 months ago #65 by roland_d_alsace

sozzled wrote: Can we please see your updated configuration report, Roland?

Hi Sozzled.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : pneuboat_boating_2012_2 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : kunena pneuboat 2012 | author: Ordi Genie | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.3 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.3 | Kunena Stats 2.0.3 | Kunena Search 2.0.3

More
11 years 4 months ago #66 by deltafidesign
Same issue here with 2.0.3. Still the CB plugin that generates error preview.

More
11 years 4 months ago #67 by Jazzvox
Thanks much for taking care

xillibit wrote: In Joomla! configuraton panel disable add suffix to url will solve the isse with preview.

You're joking! After 7 ys in production? Because things that are supposed to work fail?

After updating to J 2.5.8, CB 1.9, AUP 1.8.1, K 2.0.3 the problem persists - still can't preview or save any post in Kunena! Please keep in mind, that this issue occured for the first time after updating from K 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 ...

xillibit wrote: For your second problem, try with default Joomla! and Kunena template.

As far as I remember, the above is the only issue I've described in this thread.

Anything else is related to SEO URLs (big mess). Sorry to say, but things don't get better, they get worse ... anyway, I'm using beez5 and blue_eagle clones, guess that's not the point ... and according to the fact that the site is live ... and obviously your developers didn't modify the template files since V 2.0.2 ...

More
11 years 4 months ago #68 by sozzled
*** A little off-topic ***

Jazzvox wrote: You're joking! After 7 ys in production? Because things that are supposed to work fail?

I don't know the answer to this question or the implied question "Why should I not be able to use page suffixes in my website?" I think that, second, question is also relevant.

I have my personal opinion but my opinion doesn't really help this case. I would like to see us discuss why people think that it's relevant - or necessary - to be able to add page suffixes to URLs.

The fact that Joomla provides an option does not necessarily mean that it's a good option. "Legacy mode" in J! 1.5 is a good example of this). Whether things in Joomla should work (simply because Joomla provides options for them) or whether we can make Kunena work with whatever options people choose to use, it's a good discussion and I don't really know the cases for or against either side of the debate.

What may help us to resolve the "message preview" issue is for people to examine why they depend on the "page-suffix" feature in the first place. In that regard, I have started another topic on the question Do you use think sites with URLs with page suffixes (based on document type) "work"better?

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #69 by Jazzvox
Hi sozzled, I totally agree with you, thanks for taking care!

There are no benefits in "faking html" documents - nowadays it's not a best practise. "Unfortunately", our portal was launched in 2005 when "People were more used to" ... plus there are hell of a lot of pages (content, extensions), permalinks spread all over the web ...

Changing this setting means that I have use .htaccess to rewrite any request to None.html URLs - scary! I beg there will be a better way, as this seems "newly created" in Kunena releases, whereas Joomla didn't change it's behaviour. Obviously it's an issue related to Joomla's "dynamic" Apache rewrite rules, the one or the other way.
:(
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jazzvox.

More
11 years 4 months ago #70 by sozzled
In 2005 there was no Joomla, as such. Our concern here is with Joomla.

FYI, I removed your signature (See section 7.3 of our terms of use )

Time to create page: 0.780 seconds