Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Before you post your question, read this first

More
11 years 8 months ago #41 by alsthom
I was facing excactly the same problem. But I solved it after many tests on a test site.
What I did;
- I changed the template and I used a joomla default one.
- I Cleared cache
- I enabled SEF! (strange huh?)

But after that, preview & add buttons are fine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scientificman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #42 by alsthom
I made another test today.
I had my old joomla installation in a folder (1.5.26) with kunena 1.7.2.
I did the upgrade to 2.0.1.
Succesfull upgrade...
Test buttons preview, add etc >>>dead!
Changed the kunena template from default to blue eagle 2.0
Test buttons> add is ok >preview is not!
Went to global configuration and enabled sef.
Test buttons >all ok!!!!

I hope this helps

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #43 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Please see msg #1 in this topic for the guide to solving these kinds of issues.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #44 by Matias
Interesting find @alsthom - I was finally able to reproduce the issue.

Reported bug from preview issue:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/968

I cannot reproduce issues with other buttons in here or in my test sites. Buttons are fully working for me..

More
11 years 8 months ago #45 by scientificman

alsthom wrote: ...
Went to global configuration and enabled sef.
Test buttons >all ok!!!!

I hope this helps

Thank you alsthom! It looks like my problem also. When I enabled SEF, I got test button working!
Unfortunately I don't need SEF feature on my site at this time. May be later...

Matias, if you need help to resolve this issue, I ready to allow administration privilegies for you.

More
11 years 8 months ago #46 by Matias
I can reproduce the issue locally, so I don't need access. There will probably be a new release in a few weeks as I would like to get most of the known issues fixed as soon as possible.

Kunena is mainly designed to work SEF turned on, but it should work without SEF as well.

More
11 years 8 months ago #47 by tracer
Hi,

same issue. Preview does not work. www.officepanorama.com

Regards,
Thomas

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 250M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : it_thesoftware | author: IceTheme | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 01 April 2011

Kunena default template details : Office Panorama 2.0 | author: Kunena Team / Werbemix | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 2012-07-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.0 | Kunena Stats 2.0.0 | Kunena Login 2.0.0 | Kunena Search 2.0.0

More
11 years 8 months ago #48 by sozzled
tracer: You are using some kind of Javascript aggregator aren't you. Perhaps something like JCH Optimizer or ? (For people who use J! 1.5, they may be using code aggregator plugins like CssJsCompress , jFinalizer , ZT Speed Up Plugin or fwSiteOptimizer , too)

Many of these performance-enhancing products that aggregate (i.e. combine, minify and obfuscate) Javascript and/or CSS may sound great in theory but if you use them you need to remember that as soon as you start fiddling around with the standard of behaviour of Joomla's Javacript library (i.e. Mootools) you may affect the behaviour of other Joomla extensions (e.g. Kunena) that rely on it.

The main purpose of this topic is to advise people who have various Javascript-related problems (see msg #1 of this topic for the list) that Kunena needs Joomla's Mootools Javascript library to be allowed to function properly. As soon as people start fiddling with Mootools (by adding other Joomla extensions) that's when they may start to have problems.

In this particular case, because I cannot see the individual Javascript libraries that may have been installed on the site, I have no immediate clue as to the possible answer. I would therefore suggest that you remove whatever code aggregation plugin you are using and try Kunena without it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #49 by gochargers
I'm using the forum on my website but for some reason it wont let me attach a file, the buttons broken. How can I fix this?

More
11 years 8 months ago #50 by alsthom

sozzled wrote: Many of these performance-enhancing products that aggregate (i.e. combine, minify and obfuscate) Javascript and/or CSS may sound great in theory but if you use them you need to remember that as soon as you start fiddling around with the standard of behaviour of Joomla's Javacript library (i.e. Mootools) you may affect the behaviour of other Joomla extensions (e.g. Kunena) that rely on it.

@sozzled you mean that it is better to turn off theese futures? My template has an option to use or not use theese. You suggest to turn them off? Sorry but my english are poor....

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds