Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 1.7.2 -> K 2.0.4: all my topics are missing

More
10 years 8 months ago #41 by tokenring
PHP Built On Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Wed May 15 13:26:15 CEST 2013 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version 5.1.67-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.2.17
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/28.0.1500.71 Chrome/28.0.1500.71 Safari/537.36
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #42 by sozzled
This is not the Kunena configuration report we have sought.

You have repeatedly stated "Why can't someone visit my site to see the problem." Perhaps if we knew where your site was, what exact version of Kunena you are using, and other software that interacts with Kunena that you are using, we might be able to do that. All of this information is neatly formatted, summarised and contained in the Kunena configuration report which you have declined to give us. That's OK; you are within you rights to withhold the information we seek. We might have pinpointed the cause of this issue a couple of weeks ago instead of this matter being guessed at, as best we can, in the information void that we're working within.

Evidently you seem reluctant to post the information that we would like to see. There is not a lot more that we can do to help you, sorry.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #43 by tokenring
Precisely my point. Isn't it not efficient and frustrating when no one responds. Sometimes this board waited a week to respond to some of my questions and some still haven't been answered.

I'm glad you know understand. I wish you guys put this much effort in your e-mails at the start and we wouldn't be here. Here let me show you

@board_mods - I suspect you don't care, try that!

That's what I was getting from you... reluctant... nice one!

I'll be using something else and I will make sure to put this on the JED. You can see that I'm not a troll and a hater from my other posts.

Do NOT try and put this on me.

Thanks but no thanks!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by tokenring.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #44 by tokenring
you didn't even have to post a "Hello?" like I did. Reach that level of frustration!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by tokenring.
More
10 years 8 months ago #45 by sozzled

tokenring wrote: Wouldn't it be nice to just go to my site in question and look at what I'm saying?

Would you like to tell us exactly where we are supposed to be looking? I haven't a clue! :pinch:

Maybe if you told us a thing or two you wouldn't be as frustrated as you appear to be. We are not putting anything on you more than we would ask anyone else to help us to provide you with the quality of help that you seek. No more, no less than that.
More
10 years 8 months ago #46 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: Matias wrote:

[The index view works] just great:

www.rparc.net/index.php/forum/index

I assume he was talking about your website when he wrote that. He went on to write:

Matias wrote:

The issue is that recent topics only displays one month of topics (setting that can be changed).

In other words, because there has been no forum activity on your site for the last month, there are no topics to display.

Perhaps I have misinterpreted things, but I'm only trying to summarise the current situation as I read it.

From what you wrote early on in this piece, your database seems to check out OK and the SQL queries return the correct information. What I do not know is what, specifically, do you mean by "All my topics are missing" when, quite plainly - and as I am relying on information that Matias had that I did not have - the Index view of your forum shows these "missing" topics.

I now realise I was mistaken and you have my apologies for it. Matias was responding to the question asked by quahfamili who started this topic. I was confused and I thought that he was referring to your site, tokenring.

I have searched and searched again through this topic and I cannot find anywhere that you have provided us with the URL of your site that would enable us to see, for ourselves, the nature of the problem.
More
10 years 8 months ago #47 by tokenring
Mathias, really?

Do you think that I would leave that out and not tell you? That my migration took a month? We're talking minutes here. They are full of content, topics and replies. As soon as I go from K1.7.X to K2.0.X they go empty in the front end, but the DB has all the data.

How do you guys not understand what I am saying?

Here, let me try to put it in more layman's terms for you.

I'm running windows 95 with outlook 2002. I install a new version of Windows 2000 on a new instance and install Outlook 2002. So now I have two systems. Now I do a DB restore of the contacts, messages and folders from W95 -> W2002. So, now both machines that are running different platforms of the OS, are both running the same version of Outlook 2002.

Now on the Windows 2000 machine, I upgrade to Outlook 2007. This is where I lose my messages, contacts and folders. Now, if I look at the back end of Outlook, all the records are there. If I open up the mail client, it is all empty.

That's it... it's simple. Every other developer that I've worked with on other modules would request to have access and take a look around.

There is obviously no interest in helping me and there is obviously no testing done because you would see what I'm talking about. In fact, you have the exact steps that I have shared with you along with the status after each step. Given the steps and that you own the code, you could reproduce this very easily. And, then if not ask for my config. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Others have posted it, I've posted it and you are somewhat aware of it.

Just an FYI. I also work in the GNU community for health care EMR and PHR systems. Believe me, I know what it is like to be on your end with requests and I can tell you that I don't do what you guys did. First - non existent. Secondly - short shot in the dark answers. Lastly - blaming me for the delay

You guys are really great!

Thanks for your help!
More
10 years 8 months ago #48 by tokenring
test25.funkyhousebeats.com (j2.5 k2.0.X) - broken (becuase I upgraded to 2.0.x)
test.funkyhousebeats.com (j1.5 K1.7.2) - kunena db source site (pulled by both J2.5 sites)
www.funkyhousebeats.com (j2.5 K1.7.2) - won't upgrade because - CRASH BOOM

I'm not even saying that the component is bad, it could even be me. I'm just trying to get someone to show that they actually care about my issue and stop putting me on hold or back in the queue.

Like I said, I don't hate and I don't troll and I give props (BIG TIME) when sometimes not even deserved. Somehow, here... it doesn't really feel like a community.
Attachments:
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #49 by sozzled
That is a very slow site! 0.910 seconds to load the forum at test25.funkyhousebeats.com/index.php/2013-05-16-12-51-00 . :ohmy:

I see what you mean by all the categories having zero topics. Yes. This is indeed a puzzlement! :blush:

I should like to explain a few things to you as well because of the way I've interpreted your hammering of me in a direct and personal way. You do understand, of course, that Kunena is not a company, don't you? You do understand that we who write on this forum are hobbyists and enthusiasts (or IT professionals who donate their time, freely, to this work we do for which we receive no direct payment of any kind)? You do understand, of course, that despite my over 40 years in the IT profession I do not know everything that there is to know. I hope that I have not come across as some know-it-all because I am not. I'm just a user, like you.

As for claiming that this is not a "community" - people prepared to generously help one another with no expectation of reward - I am actually quite offended by those kinds of comments. We, who write here, have lives of our own, families, real-life issues, working for a living (well, those who are not retired from the workforce, like me, work for a living) and getting on with the business of taking the Kunena project to the next level. As I already commented earlier in this topic, K 2.0 is at end-of-life.

But none of this really matters. You have a problem and we want to do the best we can to help you. I will consult with others in the team who are more knowledgeable than me about some of these things, and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can. But please also understand that our support arrangements are confined to what is laid out in the terms of use that you agreed to when you joined this site. We will do our best but I cannot guarantee more than that.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tokenring
More
10 years 8 months ago #50 by xillibit
Hello,

It is possible to have a backup of your database of your joomla! installation where you have k1.7.2 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tokenring
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds