Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 1.7.2 -> K 2.0.4: all my topics are missing

More
10 years 9 months ago #21 by tokenring
SQL query:
SELECT COUNT( * )
FROM `keycd_kunena_messages`
LIMIT 0 , 30

The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 9 months ago #22 by tokenring
More
10 years 9 months ago #23 by sozzled

tokenring wrote: Okay, just so I'm clear and you are too. Right now I am running J2.5.11 and Kunena 1.7.2. I am trying to upgrade from K1.7.2 to K.2.0.3 or K2.0.4.

Why don't you try upgrading from K 1.7.2 to K 3.0.0 instead?
More
10 years 9 months ago #24 by tokenring
I didn't realize that there was a newer version and 2.0.4 for Joomla 2.5. That is the version I am running. Even if that upgrade path is possible and exists, that doesn't explain the reason why on even making a smaller jump (upgrade) is causing my categories and topics to not show up.

I showed that the DB still has them and that the permissions look right ( I think so ). I would like to solve this, rather than picking another version to see if it helps.

Can we look at that?

Thanks for getting back to me!

Aaron
More
10 years 9 months ago #25 by rich

kunena 1.7.2 (screenshot of category manager)
migrate from 1.7.2 to 2.0.3 (migration admin console)
kunena 2.0.3 (screenshot of category manager)
tools 2.0.3 (fixing messages)

You had made an upgrade from K 1.7 to 2.0.3? Maybe it is this error.
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Support/12599...-known-issues#137655
More
10 years 9 months ago #26 by tokenring

sozzled wrote:

tokenring wrote: Okay, just so I'm clear and you are too. Right now I am running J2.5.11 and Kunena 1.7.2. I am trying to upgrade from K1.7.2 to K.2.0.3 or K2.0.4.

Why don't you try upgrading from K 1.7.2 to K 3.0.0 instead?

That forces you to use higher than 5.2.17 (PHP). I'm not running that right now because of other modules/components in use.

Aaron
More
10 years 8 months ago #27 by Matias
Kunena 1.7 and 2.0 use different way to store the topics. Messages are still the same, but there's a new table for each topic #__kunena_topics.

There are two possible reasons why the topics aren't seen:
1) #__kunena_topics table is empty
2) category permissions are wrong

@tokenring, I suspect that your issue is the first one: missing topics.

@quahfamili, your issue is that the category permissions are wrong or Kunena - Joomla Integration isn't turned on, at least according to the screen shots.
More
10 years 8 months ago #28 by tokenring
Hello Matias,

Thanks for replying.

SELECT *
FROM `keycd_kunena_categories`

Returns the proper records of all my categories.

SELECT *
FROM `keycd_kunena_topics`

Returns the proper records of all my topics.

I didn't attach the exports of the query in case I could email them to you or your support team. Please let me know which you prefer.

Aaron
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #29 by tokenring
Matias,

Can you please take access to my test site and take a look? This support is now taking a long time for something that is simple and for something the team should be working on fixing.

I did what you said and my tables are not empty... even the ones that you have listed. Please help me resolve this so I can continue to use one of the busiest parts of my site.

:(
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by tokenring.
More
10 years 8 months ago #30 by sozzled

tokenring wrote: This support is now taking a long time for something that is simple and for something the team should be working on fixing.

Please be aware that all work on K 2.0 has ceased while the team focuses attention on the development of K 3.1 .

I do not know what dedicated, one-on-one support the team members can give you to assist with your current issues. Have you considered the possibility of using K 3.0?
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds