Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 1.7.2 -> K 2.0.4: all my topics are missing

More
10 years 8 months ago #61 by tokenring
Thanks Jim. Why did you need to edit your post? ;-)

Can I send the text file of the output to someone rather than putting it in here?

I also have the DB back up. Please let me know another method of posting it. I don't want that in the forums for obvious reasons.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #62 by Jiminimonka

tokenring wrote: Can I send the text file of the output to someone rather than putting it in here?

The text file of the configuration report is useless/unreadable unless it is posted on a Kunena forum. The confidential parts of the Kunena configuration report are hidden from everyone except admin and moderators and the person who posts them.

tokenring wrote: I also have the DB back up. Please let me know another method of posting it. I don't want that in the forums for obvious reasons.

With prior agreement, items may be emailed privately to members of the team. The email addresses of team members are shown on the team page.

tokenring wrote: Thanks Jim. Why did you need to edit your post? ;-)

For the same reason that sozzled edits and changes most of his posts :lol: - editing for typos and such.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Removed xillibit's address from the post and correcting a couple of minor mistakes
More
10 years 8 months ago #63 by tokenring
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50000 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jf_texturia | author: Kreatif Multimedia GmbH | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 12/12/11

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 8 months ago #64 by tokenring
I wish I can upgrade to PHP 5.3. But if I do, then some of my other templates/modules and components I believe throw errors.

Let me see what I can figure out too on this end. I'll reach out to the vendors of my add-ons that have issues with 5.3 and I'll see what I can do.
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #65 by sozzled
Replying to msg #63: :woohoo: At last, we begin to see some light!

I suggest you make four important changes:

(1) Change your forum integration plugin settings as follows (recommendations shown in red):

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

(2) Use the Blue Eagle template designed for K 2.0.4, not the one designed for K 1.7.2.

(3) Rebuild, completely, the Kunena menu items again using the technique described in the Wiki Kunena Menu issues ; you have conflicting menu items in your mainmenu menu.

(4) Restore your Kunena configuration settings back to the original "factory default" values.

Let's see if we can establish a bit of quality assurance with your site. ;)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tokenring
More
10 years 8 months ago #66 by tokenring
okay this is great! I love this team work! :-)

while you guys were digging, this is what I see when I enable php 5.4

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 512

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/administrator/components/com_jevents/libraries/config.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_jevents/router.php on line 87

Strict Standards: Non-static method JEVHelper::getNow() should not be called statically in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_jevents/router.php on line 88

Strict Standards: Non-static method JVersion::isCompatible() should not be called statically in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_jevents/libraries/jevdate.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_jevents/libraries/helper.php on line 740

Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_xmap/router.php on line 96

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/includes/application.php on line 539

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_xmap/router.php on line 96

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /homepages/6/d114815883/htdocs/funkyhousebeats_test25/components/com_xmap/router.php on line 102
More
10 years 8 months ago #67 by tokenring
so give me a bit and I'll make those changes. :woohoo:
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #68 by sozzled
Replying to msg #66:

What version of XMAP are you using?

What version of JEvents are you using?

I'm just trying to assist you with a few matters [possibly] related to Kunena, J! 2.5 and quality assurance. XMAP and JEvents issues are, of course, beyond the scope of this forum to deal with adequately with but I hope that the links I have posted may assist you.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 8 months ago #69 by tokenring
yeah for sure. don't help me with that and totally out of scope. I just put those in there because I was asked why I didn't upgrade to K3.X.

those are the reasons why.

I'm just going to work through the issues from the steps you have provided until all extensions can work under 5.4

just doing that stuff now.

to answer your questions though

Jevents - 2.2.8

XMAP - 2.3.2
More
10 years 8 months ago #70 by sozzled
Thanks. Not that I know anything about JEvents and XMAP (because I know nothing more than what I searched this forum and the internet):

The current versions are (according to what I have found):

JEvents 3.1.1
XMAP 2.3.3

I don't know the technical requirements for these things, however.
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds