Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] General questions about Kunena 1.6 - please do not ask about release dates

More
13 years 10 months ago #71 by Matias
Being in our test team does not mean that you have to find bugs and report all of them. It just gives you access to our latest internal builds and gives you a channel to give feedback. There are no oblications (well, other than if you haven't said a word in few months, you will be removed from the testers team). It allows us to give unstable builds for those, who are interested to look at them -- without giving them to everyone who most likely do not know the risks before installing them and breaking their site.

Actually K1.6 Alpha was delayed for 2 reasons:
1) to give me some time to change our installer so, that it will leave working backup if you want to go back to older version (new messages will be lost, though)
2) to make it work on J1.6, at least in some level that people know that we are committed to it..

Alpha release is not meant for translators or template designers -- Alpha is almost feature complete, but our beta release will include cleanup in language files and a lot of work in templating (+ usual bug fixes). So instead of making your own templates, I would like you to contribute into our default template -- fix issues in it so that everyone, including you, can benefit from cleaner and better html and css.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #72 by DTP2
Replied by DTP2 on topic Re: Unstable vs Stable Kunena?
Hi Matias,

You have a PM regarding the question of people wanting to test.

More
13 years 10 months ago #73 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Kunena 1.6 stable
After one month.. when will released the stable version of kunena 1.6? just for information :-D

More
13 years 10 months ago #74 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 stable
when it ready :/

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #75 by MAW_Trok
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

More
13 years 10 months ago #76 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 stable
Hello,

If you report issues, give css fixes or fixes, k1.6 will be stable more faster.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #77 by MAW_Trok
Replied by MAW_Trok on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 stable
ah ok... I know... I am not good for find bug in Kunena. But at moment Kunena 1.6 is working very good

More
13 years 10 months ago #78 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 stable
MAW_Trok wrote:

When will release the kunena 1.6 stable?

MAW_Trok keeping posting this and you will get the same answer i have answered this question from you now 3 times in last 2 days, k1.6 will be release when it is ready and not before everytime i have to answer this question its wasted time im not working on k1.6 so all your doing is slowing the process down.

Does that finaly answer your question, so that i can get back to more important things like answering genuine questions and test and fixing K1.6

FYI - K1.6 will be released when it is ready and not before....

More
13 years 10 months ago #79 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Proposals for Kunena 1.6
As I wrote earlier,

As people will see, the discussion about Kunena 1.6 has been going for a very long time. The developers have been working tirelessly to deliver as many of the design objectives as they can and to incorporate, were time permits, new features prior to the initial alpha test version.

This discussion topic has largely been overtaken by Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view in an effort to introduce users to the differences that they can expect to see when Kunena 1.6 is finally made available to the public. In order to not distract the development team from their main objective, this discussion topic will now be closed.

Thank you, everyone, for your keen interest in following the progress that is being made to establish Kunena as the premier forum extension for Joomla! B)

In addition to this topic, we've had a couple of other discussions involving people asking, complaining, pressuring the development team for a release of Kunena 1.6 or a commitment to a specific target for a stable version. The additional pressure does nothing to alter the situation and the questions are not new.

Kunena 1.6 alpha requires further testing before it can move into a beta/release candidate phase. Instead of repeating the same questions - when will it be ready - users would be helping themselves (and the Kunena project) by assisting with the testing/familiarisation activities. :)

This topic is (again) locked.

More
13 years 7 months ago #80 by iseca
Replied by iseca on topic Will K 1.6 include this?
Hello!

I'm thinking about move to K 1.6 from K 1.5.9 when it will be Final realease, but I wanna do some questions before.

-Will it include the login system like wich was created by @quila?
-When a guest visit a post, can he click on "reply" and be redirected to login or register?
-Are there more flexibility in permissions?
-How are shown message dates? ([ago...] or [date xx/xx/xxxx]
-And is it possible to upload avatar images to another filehost (like imageshack.us) and use it on Kunena?

I have done some hacks ins Kunena and it would be a pity to lost they :(

Thank you very much and great job!!

Time to create page: 0.615 seconds