Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] General questions about Kunena 1.6 - please do not ask about release dates

More
14 years 6 months ago #21 by johnnydement
wingnut144 wrote:

In checking in the tracker, it doesn't appear that anything has changed going forward in the development of 1.6. The dates of items last modified goes back to August.

Am I wrong in thinking that things have halted? Or is the information in the tracker just not being updated?

johnnydement wrote:

That said, you can see in K1.6 to-dos , JS is there, but for it, and for rest of 3rd party support, the API must be done

Don't know why it's not updating, but changes are dialy ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #22 by nauman
etusha wrote:

alfa will be out soon (about 2-3 week)

thats Good to Hear:)

More
14 years 6 months ago #23 by gjr
Replied by gjr on topic Re:Information about Kunena 1.6
Can't wait, please just post your news a little more frequent on your blog or twitter!

More
14 years 6 months ago #24 by Matias
Tracker isn't currently been used for development as it's not the best tool for keeping track on development (I'm missing Bugzilla). SVN Repo has /trunk/1.6/components/com_kunena/CHANGELOG.php which contains small description from all the changes.

Last few weeks have been just crazy for both me and fxstein. Because of that we haven't had as much time to develop K1.6 as we hoped. But we are still progressing nicely (but a bit slower) with some help from our moderators and users.

Another reason for the slowdown is that I spent a week fixing our installer to be more reliable and to work in Joomla 1.6. I ended up rewriting it and it took more time than I thought.. AND it's still not complete.

Our first target is: ALPHA1.

It is the first usable version of the new codebase, meaning that it can in theory be used in a small live site. Well, it should not be used for anything serious and installing it on a live site will probably make many angry users. :)

You will be able to login, browse in the forum (well, sub categories aren't fully implemented yet) and to post/edit new messages. Nothing else is guaranteed to work and many features may be missing, incomplete or disabled. Backend is under a major rewrite, so we may either to use the old one or show the broken new one depending on how soon we will release ALPHA1.

More
14 years 6 months ago #25 by nauman
Thanx for this info, Hope to see something best B) B)

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #26 by okstated
I'm on the verge of starting a project and concerned about how difficult it will be to upgrade Kunena 1.5.x to Kunena 1.6 or 2.0. What sort of upgrading/migration process will there be?

Is it worth it to wait or will I be okay to go ahead using Kunena 1.5.x and upgrade later?

Thanks.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by fxstein. Reason: Updated title

More
14 years 4 months ago #27 by fxstein
Hi,

Very good question.

We are working hard on the installer and upgrade logic. The goal is to be 100% automated and part of any Kunena 2.0 package available.

You will simply install Kunena 2.0 and it will perform a complete upgrade of your system.

I would recommend you get started with 1.5 and upgrade once Kunena 2.0 is stable.

Hope this helps!

fxstein

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #28 by okstated
Thanks! You are very helpful. :cheer:

More
14 years 4 months ago #29 by freedomcoach
Any projection as to when we are likely to see version 2.0?

Sincerely,
Howard

More
14 years 4 months ago #30 by jpc0480
Very curious too on a possible ETA for 2.0...

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds