Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] General questions about Kunena 1.6 - please do not ask about release dates

More
14 years 7 months ago #11 by thujahekk
Thanks for the update - we appreciate it!

We just get a little eager when we read that it is 48hrs from release on Twitter.. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #12 by johnnydement
That is K1.5.6, not K1.6 ;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #13 by wingnut144
Hey, I'll be more than happy with the release of 1.5.6 (when it comes out)

But I'm excited to see what 1.6 has whenever its released!

More
14 years 7 months ago #14 by clivecchi
Thank you very much for the information. With that information I will go ahead and get what I need developed for JS Groups. I will gladly offer it to the communicty when it is complete. Question... Do you think that plugins created for K1.5 should work in K1.6?

Thanks...

If anybody would like to offer suggestions on JS groups, I will consider getting them developed at the same time.

My plan is to allow groups to create their own forums within "enabled" categories on the back end. The group creator will be the moderator by default and they can add othher group members as moderators. The forum will be "Private" to the group or "Public" to other site members. Groups could create multiple forums. And links to the forum would be found in the JS Group.

More
14 years 6 months ago #15 by gjr
Replied by gjr on topic Re:Information about Kunena 1.6
Great to hear they are working on big improvements for the Kunena 1.6 release.

Continue the great job guys!

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16 by Matias
As Johnny said, Kunena 1.6 is a rewrite to J1.6 MVC model.

Currently it's mostly working for visitors, but once you log in, there are a lot of missing features -- like writing a post, well, does not exist as the icon is missing..

With the new code forum seems to work much faster. There are many reasons for that: Less code to be parsed by PHP, greatly reduced amount of optimized SQL queries, optimized images, etc..

There is a new default template looking closely to default_ex, but internally it is very different to the old themes. There is almost no code in the template. This is good news for every template designer and means, that older templates will work in new releases -- but maybe have some missing features.

Basic integration with UddeIM, CB and JomSocial is already implemented, and the new implementation will make it easy to extend those integrations.

Ah, almost forgot to say, that no code made for K1.5 will work in K1.6 without modifications. Everything has changed.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Matias.

More
14 years 6 months ago #17 by guerilla

More
14 years 6 months ago #18 by Andreaz
Sounds great, can't wait till Kunena 1.6 gets released, butI guess it will take quite long.

More
14 years 6 months ago #19 by wingnut144
In checking in the tracker, it doesn't appear that anything has changed going forward in the development of 1.6. The dates of items last modified goes back to August.

Am I wrong in thinking that things have halted? Or is the information in the tracker just not being updated?

johnnydement wrote:

That said, you can see in K1.6 to-dos , JS is there, but for it, and for rest of 3rd party support, the API must be done

More
14 years 6 months ago #20 by etusha
alfa will be out soon (about 2-3 week)

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds