Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] General questions about Kunena 1.6 - please do not ask about release dates

More
14 years 1 month ago #61 by xillibit
The best should be to install kunena 1.6.0 and use translation manager : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/1776/details but you can't yet do this. You can't use the ini files from kunena 1.6.0 into kunena 1.5.9.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #62 by saulius2000
Do you guys have any thoughts when you are about to release 1.6?I done translation of 1.5.5 and only then realized that i cannot use that anyways ..... So very curious when do we get 1.6 :) Or can i start to translating those 2 files that you linked ( to Lithuania language) so when 1.6 is out I can just replace language files and use it straight away ?

Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by saulius2000.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #63 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Proposals for Kunena 1.6
As people will see, the discussion about Kunena 1.6 has been going for a very long time. The developers have been working tirelessly to deliver as many of the design objectives as they can and to incorporate, were time permits, new features prior to the initial alpha test version.

This discussion topic has largely been overtaken by Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view in an effort to introduce users to the differences that they can expect to see when Kunena 1.6 is finally made available to the public. In order to not distract the development team from their main objective, this discussion topic will now be closed.

Thank you, everyone, for your keen interest in following the progress that is being made to establish Kunena as the premier forum extension for Joomla! B)

More
13 years 11 months ago #64 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Unstable vs Stable Kunena?
I think I am like most others who would rather "PLAY" with an un-stable release of the newest Kunena then NO release at all.

Documentation?? Bugs?? First of all who reads documentation anymore? Bugs... the Kunena Team could never let a bug slip by...

Just give us something to play with!

James

For the person who is going to say "It will be released when its ready!" Keep it to yourself! I am here to test, report bugs, further develop Kunena. If I can't get it I can't help improve it!

Joomla 1.5.24

• Joshua123
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #65 by Joshua123
Replied by Joshua123 on topic Re: Unstable vs Stable Kunena?
Hear hear !

More
13 years 11 months ago #66 by Cerberus
hjames wrote:

I think I am like most others who would rather "PLAY" with an un-stable release of the newest Kunena then NO release at all.

Documentation?? Bugs?? First of all who reads documentation anymore? Bugs... the Kunena Team could never let a bug slip by...

Just give us something to play with!

James

For the person who is going to say "It will be released when its ready!" Keep it to yourself! I am here to test, report bugs, further develop Kunena. If I can't get it I can't help improve it!

Then talk to matias and join the testing team here at Kunena.com and dont just wait for it to be done for you.

More
13 years 11 months ago #67 by sozzled
I understand people being impatient and when their impatience becomes too much for them to bear they're over-eager to rush into just doing whatever their heart tells them to do. There's an old saying "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

I remember when K 1.5.0a was released and over-enthusiastic users rushed to take it up, install it on their live sites, demand support and regret the day they did so. Fortunately, in that case, users could go back to K 1.0.8 and they didn't suffer any major catastrophe.

K 1.6 is totally different. Once you've installed it there's no "going back" - well, not unless you are prepared to pay someone to do the job for you! The risks are greater and that is the reason why the development of this product has been undertaken with the great care.

But, in addition to all of these caveats, K 1.6 installs differently (in some ways) and it operates differently to what you're familiar with in the current and older versions of Kunena and that is why we've spent the past couple of months discussing it. So, while I understand the growing impatience that many of our users must feel, we ask you to let your mind govern the way you decide things ... not your heart.

To return to the question that was asked, please read Kunena 1.6 - Where is the alpaca? :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #68 by hjames
I have read the warnings and post and quite simply put want to help improve "on my time", otherwise I would have jumped in on the couple of invites I have already have. Unfortunately I can't commit my time to a project because of my life outside of the web.

With that being said I can't join the dev team, its just not in my schedule to do so.

Like you said, once you go you can't go back. I think that applies to the average user and users who do the stupid thing and install on a live site without first creating a backup. As sad as it may seem we have all done this even if by accident but some folks just disregard the warning so I see that side of it.

I also know that with major creations or milestones documentation is quite a pain. My post was more to get someone "on the dev team" to speak up and give us some kind of hope/insight as to when we can expect a next release?

I personally could care less about Joomla 1.6 right now, and if its anything like Joomla 1.0 -to- Joomla 1.5 its going to be somewhat painstaking. So if Joomla 1.6 is a hold back, I beg you to please not let it be.

James

I really want to whip up some templates for K1.6!

Joomla 1.5.24

More
13 years 11 months ago #69 by sozzled
Did you read the post I referred to in my last message? Are you willing to provide feedback on the issues that you encounter with the test version? Did you ask to join the testing team and, if so, what was the response? :dry:

More
13 years 11 months ago #70 by hjames
As I mentioned I will report what I find if I do find issues, but I can not commit to being a dedicated Beta Tester. I have been asked/approached about joining on more than one occasion. I was unable to join because of my scheduling.

If I do have more time I will join which will come as my projects come to a close.

I was apart of the Fireboard Team as well as FireMessage (Clexus) amongst others around the Joomla community.

sozzled wrote:

Did you read the post I referred to in my last message? Are you willing to provide feedback on the issues that you encounter with the test version? Did you ask to join the testing team and, if so, what was the response? :dry:

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds