Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Kunena Notice: Menu item /forum (Itemid=nnn) does not have Kunena Menu

More
13 years 6 months ago #71 by dylanphelan
I have now spent 6 hours or more, trying everything I can think of.

I thought I was making progress, but the error message just changes.

First I had this one,
Legacy menu item in /discussions (Itemid=64). Redirected to /forum (Itemid=123).

Then this,
Menu item /forum (Itemid=123) does not have Kunena Menu.
(although the kunena menu did display at the time)

Now this,
No menu item assigned. Redirected to /forum (Itemid=123).

I can't think of what else to try.

If anybody manages to fix this, please let me know.

Dylan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #72 by P4rD0nM3
It IS NOT fixed for 1.6.0.

You can't reproduce it? Here's one way and my only problem.

1. Log in as a Super Administrator.

2. Select a thread.

3. Soft delete it using the check box and drop box which means you need to be outside of the thread and viewing it in category view. it works the same way for restore and perm delete.

I want to try the 1.6.1 too since I have a test domain for this one.

More
13 years 6 months ago #73 by bwkeyboardman
sozzled wrote:

You may also need to ensure that use the option Kunena Forum » Create Menu.

One of the things that the Create Menu feature does, is to create a module (see image below):

This worked for me. Thanks!

BW

More
13 years 6 months ago #74 by sozzled
P4rD0nM3: see PM

bwkeyboardman: I'm glad. It seems such a trivial, unimportant thing. In most cases (in every case that I've encountered on my own sites) one doesn't need to do this; the installation process does it for you ... but sometimes it seems that it doesn't.

So, maybe we need to spell this out in plain English somewhere? B)

If you don't have a Kunena menu on your website, the first thing you should try is backend option Kunena Forum » Create Menu

More
13 years 6 months ago #75 by Haddewade

sozzled wrote: This issue is solved (in 1.6.0). The solution just isn't properly explained. That's the difference.

We're sorry that the documentation we've written on the subject isn't easy enough to understand. We're sorry that a lot of people seem to be having difficulty understanding just how easy it is to establish a Kunena menu.

Thanks, this worked for me. Thumbs up!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #76 by Blogmudgeon
Installed Kunena 1.6.1-DEV | 2010-10-12 | 3689 [ Timu ] about a week ago. Used the J! Main Menu manager to put a link to Kunena Entry Page for access to the forum. Works fine. Added all categories. All the tabs were present at the top of the forum--and no errors. Life looked good. And then today, I made the first post. Now I am making this post...:laugh:

All of the tabs disappeared--as described in many posts before. Where all of the tab pointers existed as menu items in the J! Kunena Menu created on installation--there was now nothing. The Menu was empty of any entries. Attempts to recreate them in the Kunena Menu did not restore the tabs at the top of the forum. Using the Main Menu manager to create links in the main menu results in this error code (I had this frustrating issue before about a week ago):

XML Parsing Error at 1:832. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)

The page that is asked for does display properly, albeit with the error code and no restoration of the tab at the head of the forum.

This appears for any menu item created. So, I follow the instructions here. Create Kunena Menu items in the Kunena Menu of the manager. Create identical menu item in Main Menu--and couple to "Default Menu Item" of the Kunena Menu that was created previously. Result--page displays properly, and no error code is displayed.

Still no tabbed menu at the top of the forum. Was this series of "fixes" supposed to restore them, or is this just a workaround to restore functionality through the main menu?

Also, could someone PM me a later release of the DEV build and I can see if this restores the tab menu?

TNX!

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #77 by colinwebster
Replied by colinwebster on topic Error since upgrade
Hi, I get the following error after the upgrade to 1.6

Can anyone help to resolve this ??

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by colinwebster.

More
13 years 5 months ago #78 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Error since upgrade
Hello,

This issue has been discussed many time, you can start by read this : www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63...-index-recent-topics

You can read this topic :http://www.kunena.com/forum/168-k-16-support/63703-merged-topic-kunena-notice-menu-item-forum-itemidnnn-does-not-have-kunena-menu

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #79 by sjrapid
When I click on a topic, I get this message. I've googled and looked at the forums but can't see any obvious pointers. Where should I be looking to find out how to resolve this?

Many thanks
--
Steve

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #80 by greenmeanie
After upgrading I get this error upon entering my FORUMS now?

Kunena Notice: Legacy menu item in /forums (Itemid=59). Redirected to /forum (Itemid=63).

How can I fix this?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by greenmeanie.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds