Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
10 years 7 months ago #101 by Ace kustoms
Replied by Ace kustoms on topic Kunena to Kunena?
Yer I have the same disease..lazy is my middle name :)..and am getting close to just paying someone else LOL..Will re-read ya post, cheerz..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #102 by Ace kustoms
Replied by Ace kustoms on topic Kunena to Kunena?

Msg #4 of this topic outlines the things you need to move. Moving a forum from one place to another is not just a matter of copying a 20-30 database tables. There are three things that you need to move across:
Kunena data (tables);
Joomla users; and
forum attachments

The bit I struggle on is the Kunena data (tables)..I assume here your talking about the mysql data tables for kunena only and not the files you see in the public html area under components etc? (Still learning the lingo)..Do any of the kunena files in the public html need re-directed to the new mysql tables I import or do I just leave all these files as the new installation has created them..(Besides the attachment one)

I have installed a clean version of the same kunena on the new environment and from your post I need to move all the old mysql table data files from kunena into my new mysql database.
Copy the attachment folder and overwrite the new empty one with the one from my old public html kunena attachment folder
and I already have transfered all the users into the new database.

and then hopefully everything to do with the two forums will be the same...

Will do a backup and give it a try, whats the worse that could happen LOL..

Cheerz again for the assistance...

More
10 years 7 months ago #103 by majdyk
Is this possible? If yes, how to do that?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #104 by Jiminimonka
Please use the Search feature of the forums, they will save a lot of time and effort.

This post might point you in the right direction.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Updated with, perhaps, more relevant information

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #105 by sozzled
The task of moving a forum, topics, messages, attachments and users, is not easy to describe within a forum context as we have here at www.kunena.org but there are a number of topics that describe the broad principles and issues that you should pay attention to.

There are several things that you need to consider when moving something as complex as Kunena from one Joomla website to another location:

1) The versions of Joomla used on the source and target site;
2) The versions of Kunena used on the source and target site;
3) The supporting software involved (e.g. Apache, MySQL, PHP, other extensions, etc.)
4) Is it really necessary to keep the old stuff? See I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ...

As a start, I suggest that you look at msgs #4 and #6 of Copying my forum from a J! 2.0 site to a J! 3.0 site and also msgs #4 and #6 of the topic [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another . Even though these topics may relate to older versions of Joomla or Kunena the principles are basically the same.

The three things that you need to move from one site to another site are:

1. Kunena data (tables);
  2. Joomla users; and
  3. forum attachments

Literally, that's all you need to do but, as I mentioned earlier, the solution may be complicated if the new/target site runs a different mix of software to the original/source site.

Perhaps the easiest way to move a forum from one location to another location is to use a tool like AkeebaBackup, backup the whole of the original site and then restore the entire site on the new location and work through any remaining issues on the new location. The question asked by majdyk does not indicate whether the old site is hosted on a different platform to where the new site will run but, if you want a really quick solution, performing a backup/restore is the quickest solution of all.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago #106 by Sovaka
G'day,
I am upgrading my site and I would like to know the best way of moving all the old forum posts to the new forum installation?

Can it only be done through phpMyAdmin (Or similar DB browser)?
If so; what tables do I need to export and under what settings?

Thanks

More
10 years 7 months ago #107 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

See my response in msg #3 above.

More
10 years 7 months ago #108 by Sovaka
Thanks for the info... However I have just tried doing this and hit a snag.

It seems some of the table column names have been changed and new ones added...
I get this error;
Dumping data for table `sgj_kunena_categories` -- INSERT INTO `sgj_kunena_categories`
#1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list'

When I go an check, it is indeed correct.

How can we import when the DB structure has changed???

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #109 by sozzled
Are you trying to copy a forum from one site to another site, or are you trying to merge the topics from the forum on one site into an existing forum (that already has its own users and topics) on another site?

Are we talking here about copying data from a site that is using a different version of Joomla and/or Kunena to the new site?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #110 by fidox
Hi!
I'm migrating from joomla! 1.5 to 3.0.
In my Joomla 1.5 installation I have Kunena 1.7 installed.

I've now installed Kunena 3 on my fresh Joomla 3 installation. I've tried to import topics and everything from my old installation via PhpMyAdmin and I can see the topics on my site. But I cant read them.

The tables:
jos_kunena_topics
jos_kunena_user_topics
Doesn't exist in the old one..

Has anyone got a solution from this? Because I can't install Kunena 1.7 on my new site and then upgrade (That version doesn't support joomla 2.x -> right ?)

:(

Time to create page: 0.812 seconds