Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
10 years 5 months ago #121 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

The short answer to the implied question ("Can it be done?") is yes. This is the kind of job I would love, if someone was paying me for my time to do it for them, because I would take me about a week or more to do and I could make thousands of dollars! If, however, I had this job to do myself, and I was not getting payment for it, I would forget about it in an instant because I have better things to do with my time.

However, you asked for hints and that's what I will do for you. The general outline of the process is discussed in msg #4 of this merged topic.

This topic goes into many different case scenarios but I think, if you spend an hour or so looking at it, you will get the general idea. Please be aware that this topic started over two years ago. Some of the links may not work (or may point to non-existent pages). I hope this information will assist you ... and good luck (because you're going to need it) ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #122 by karaokeamerica
This is an ancient thread, but it appears some folks are still working through the Kunena migration thing".

I posted somewhere back near the middle of this thread asking similar questions about migrating. Since then I had worked out a solution for migrating my Kunena forum from my Joomla v1.5 site to a Joomla v2.5 site. I did NOT merge forums, but in fact did a simple migration. It worked like a charm if you follow logical steps. I wrote up my experience here:

www.joomlajunkies.net/index.php/features...la-1-5-to-joomla-2-5

Hope it helps someone!

More
10 years 5 months ago #123 by Silencer2010
Hi there,

just a small question.

How is it possible to get the content (Threads, Posts, ...) from one Kunena Forums into another Kunena Forums on another website?

Thanks
Silencer2010

More
10 years 5 months ago #124 by sozzled

Silencer2010 wrote: just a small question. How is it possible to get the content (Threads, Posts, ...) from one Kunena Forums into another Kunena Forums on another website?

"Small" question, perhaps - often asked - and answered at length in this merged topic.

*** Topics merged ***

More
10 years 3 months ago #125 by billvv
How can I move my Joomla/Kunena 3.0 forum database from one site to another? I assume I move some jos_kunena files, but which ones and does Kunena need to be uninstalled first?

My Joomla code got damaged, but the Forum works fine. I just need to move the database to the new Joomla instance.

Thanks!

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #126 by sozzled
G'day, billvv, and welcome to Kunena.

I am sorry that no-one else has replied to your question. I have merged your topic with another topic in which questions like yours have been asked before. I am sure that you will find most of the answers you are looking for by thumbing through the many similar questions asked by others on this subject.

billvv wrote: I assume I move some jos_kunena files, but which ones and does Kunena need to be uninstalled first?

Moving a forum from one website to another website is not as simple as transferring a few database tables - the things you called "jos_kunena files". You also need to move the Joomla user tables and any forum attachments - files uploaded by your users - from the original site.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #127 by Chrisp
Greetings to the Kunena community.

I've got a Joomla 1.5.26 site with Kunena 1.7.0 and I am upgrading to J3.2.1 and of course the latest Kunena version.

My question is how should I go about the Kunena upgrade? I've tried SPUpgrade but it didn't work and I had many problems.

Any help or guidelines would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris.

More
10 years 2 months ago #128 by sozzled
16 months ago you asked a question about problems you were having with K 1.7.0 and, 16 months ago, we advised you to upgrade to a supported version of Kunena and you chose not to listen to that advice

Chrisp wrote:

I've got a Joomla 1.5.26 site with Kunena 1.7.0 and I am upgrading to J3.2.1 and of course the latest Kunena version.

My question is how should I go about the Kunena upgrade?

This is a very good question. We recommend that you start by upgrading to K 2.0.4 on your existing J! 1.5.26 site and then you can tackle how to move the data from your old J! 1.5.26 site to your new J 3.2.1 site.

Your question about how to move data from one site to another site has been asked many times before on this forum. You will find dozens of topics on these questions in the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category. You will also find many tips about migrating from one version of Joomla to another version of Joomla if you search this forum and if you search the Joomla forum .

General guidelines:

1) Be realistic about how long this will take. Moving old data from one site to another site takes most of one day; adding all the nice cosmetic features to your new site can take you a week or more after you have copied the raw data.

2) Be prepared to accept that many extensions from your old site will not work in the new site - site template, components, modules, plugins - and you may have to compromise or accept that some things will not make the transition from the old to the new.

3) Be prepared for some headaches when it comes to implementing permissions: J! 1.5.26 did not have ACLs, remember?

4) AS far as Kunena is concerned, get as much of it "up-to-date" as far as you can go within J! 1.5.26 so that you are in the best position to move the Kunena database tables and forum attachments (files) from the old to the new.

Does this help?

More
10 years 2 months ago #129 by Chrisp
sozzled,

Thanks for your reply.

I've found the thread that relates to my question. For future reference of others who stumble here, this is the link with the answer:

www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...-kunena-1-6-1-to-3-0

Cheers.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #130 by sskarli
Hello.

I have a old Joomla 1.5.26 site with Kunena 1.6.1.

I have made a new site with Joomla 3.2 and installed the newest Kunena.

Is it possible for me to import the old forum files to the new forum?

Hope anyone can help me!
Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Sondre
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sskarli.

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds