Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
12 years 1 month ago #61 by sozzled

karaokeamerica wrote: Sozzled, wouldn't you like to learn Sobi Pro so you can help (me) in those forums as well.....;)

Not particularly. I have my hands pretty full already. :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #62 by arathra
I have a Kunena forum on one site. I have another Kunena forum on another site. They have separate databases. One runs with Jomsocial. The other does not.

Is it possible to merge the two into one single Kunena forum?

Or (if that's an impossibility) is it possible to have 2 separate Kunena forums on one site?

Thanks for any help on this.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #63 by sozzled
arathra: I moved your question into this topic - see information in here that may help you, particularly msg #17 . This is not a question about support because this is not about a fully assembled tool that is ready for you to download, install on you site and use to achieve your goal. Perhaps someone, some day, may develop a tool to do the kind of thing that you want to do but, today, you have to do this manually yourself ... or pay someone else to do the job for you.

In future, please use the support category to request help with a broken or defective function in Kunena ... not to ask if something is "possible" or not. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago #64 by arathra
I see what you've done sozzled but it's hardly intuitive to put my question under K1.7 Common Questions is it. And It's not really about moving the forum from one site to another. It's about merging them.

More
11 years 7 months ago #65 by stuart.barnes
Hi,

I am just building a joomla 2.5 site to replace my 1.5 site and have installed the new Kunena 2.1, is there a way of exporting the discussions on the old website to the new one ?

Thanks in advance
Stuart.barnes

More
11 years 7 months ago #66 by sozzled
G'day, Stuart, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you mean by "exporting the discussions". What are these "discussions" you are referring to? Perhaps you might like to read my article I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #67 by stuart.barnes
Hi Sozzled,

I will try and explain it a bit simpler,

Basically I want to take the content of the old website forum, and put it into my new website that I am going to install the newest version of Kunena on.

I am exporting the users from the old site so they will be the same.

I hope that is explained a bit better

Thanks
Stuart

More
11 years 7 months ago #68 by sozzled

stuart.barnes wrote: Basically I want to take the content of the old website forum ...

What, specifically, were you using to "power" your "old website forum" with? Are we talking about Kunena (on your old site) or are we talking about the Joomla component known as Discussions ?

More
11 years 7 months ago #69 by stuart.barnes
Hi Sozzled,

The forum on my old site is Kunena, I just need to get it all on the new site somehow.

thanks
Stuart

More
11 years 7 months ago #70 by sozzled
I suggest that you read [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another . I realise this "guide" was for older versions of Joomla and Kunena but the principles involved are similar.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds