Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to move, copy or merge my old Kunena forums from one site to another

More
12 years 8 months ago #31 by leadoverlove
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.11 | creationdate: December 8, 2010

Kunena default template details : Evolution Dark Red K1.6 Template | author: TemplateKunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2011-01-23

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #32 by pappabear
Yes, it's fairly easy.
  1. Goto PhpMyAdmin.
  2. Goto your database where kunena is.
  3. Click 'Export' on the top tab.
  4. Select 'Custom - display all possible options.'

Tables:
  1. Find and highlight all %prefix%_kunena_ tables.

Leave all other settings as default and export.

Now, install Kunena on your new website. After it's completely installed go into PhpMyAdmin of the new site and get ready to import----

Before that, however... You need to drop all the kunena tables on your new site. So goto the new database and in the 'Structure' tab, check box all of the %prefix%_kunena tables, goto the bottom where it reads "With Selected" (in a drop down menu), select Drop.

Finally, if the joomla %prefix% of your old site matches the one at your new site, you're in the clear to import and be finished.

If the prefixs are not the same from the old site, Open the file you saved in Notepad (it will be a *.sql file).

Now goto Edit > Replace. Type in your old prefix and replace all with your new prefix. (Example: 'joomla_' with 'joomla2_')

Final considerations:
I wouldn't import %prefix%_kunena_users if your users profiles are handled by community builder. It may cause minor de-sync issues.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by pappabear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: civano

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #33 by Matias
The issue on only importing Kunena tables is that the users are not the same in the old and new site -> posts have wrong user bound to them. So you really need to import also users from Joomla.

De-sync issues are not going away by ignoring kunena_users table. User are and will be wrong unless you also import users OR create a complicated script to make sure that they do not conflict.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 5 months ago #34 by d0npedr0
I need to transfer Kunena Data from: www.haushueter-forum.info to www.haushueter-plus.de .

to: Joomla 1.7.3 ; Kunena 1.7

I have allready transfered the data successfully however the post´s do not show up.

Can someone please let me know what type of data exactly i need to transfer and what else I should consitter to get the posts show up.
Thank you in advance

Peter

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #35 by sozzled
G'day, d0npedr0, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that you read the whole of this topic to understand what you need to copy and why there are complications when you move from J! 1.5 to J! 1.7 where two sites are involved. This is exactly the kind of problem that, unless you really know what you're doing and you know your way around SQL databases, I would pay someone else to do the work for me. Message #4 in this topic explains, exactly, the information that you need to move across.

Good luck.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d0npedr0

More
12 years 5 months ago #36 by karaokeamerica

sozzled wrote: G'day, d0npedr0, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that you read the whole of this topic to understand what you need to copy and why there are complications when you move from J! 1.5 to J! 1.7 where two sites are involved. This is exactly the kind of problem that, unless you really know what you're doing and you know your way around SQL databases, I would pay someone else to do the work for me. Message #4 in this topic explains, exactly, the information that you need to move across.

Good luck.

If someone wanted to follow your suggestion of paying someone.....who would they pay? Does someone offer a service of doing this?

More
12 years 5 months ago #37 by sozzled
www.joomlancers.com is one service. I can put you in touch with other services if you would like to PM me. I don't know the cost but I would imagine that we're talking USD 50-100 per hour.

More
12 years 5 months ago #38 by zombies
Hi

I have Joomla 1.7 installed and after using various components on 1.5 I have found many do not work on 1.7.

How can i take my kunena forum from J1.7 to a J1.5 installation

cheers

More
12 years 5 months ago #39 by xillibit
Hello,

What exact kunena version are-you using actually ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #40 by zombies

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds