Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script

More
13 years 8 months ago #61 by Dannymh
Sorry about the delays guys.

We are in our busy period at work (I work for an education software company) so we are getting hammered. I have had no time to work on this.

The release I have here has a massive flaw in it, I have a fixed release but need to re-check it and re-run it.

I also need to convert all html to bbcode but not sure I will have the time to do this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #62 by jdimaging
I was all set to do this, put everything where you said to put it but I need to ask this question:

Where do I put smf3k.php -> replace old

I put it in the root and tried to run it but just got a bunch of sql errors.

Once I confirm this I will try it again.

I tried to look for a file with this name in my smf forum but didn't find it.

Really would like to do this as am all set to change to Kunena.

Thanks in advance.

Darlene

More
13 years 2 months ago #63 by Doc
I used the smf2k script and once I got the quotes issue fixed it connected and made it to Step 2...and got this:

Done in 0You're on step 2
Populating Messages Table...

Populating Ok!!!

Populating MessageText Table...

Populating Ok!!!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll' and ordering=16' at line 1

I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I can smell that I'm getting close! The forums seem to be imported into Kunena, but no messages or users. It's at least connecting to the right DB and grabbing some info before it croaks.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

More
13 years 2 months ago #64 by Doc
PS: I would welcome any recommendations for a developer to help me migrate a non-profit musicians' site from SMF 1.1.2 standalone to J1 1.5/Kunena 1.6.

Thanks!

More
13 years 2 months ago #65 by ken79
I chose kunena for the reason that there was no appropriate solution for the smf forum in joomla. That’s why i went for kunena and changed some script. I will try this script because it seems to work just fine with you own upgrades. I will probably play with it and invent some more so i can come up with the set up i prefer.

More
13 years 2 months ago #66 by ken79
@doc

I am not sure just yet but i am sure you are connecting to the database. There seems to be a problem with the syntax you used and its compatibility to the version of MySQL you used. I do not know also but that’s what i think it is. Are you sure you were able to plugin the smf2k script properly?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #67 by zOOge
I'm trying out Dannymh:s code, and it imports users and messages just fine to joomla 1.5 with kunena 1.6.3.
My only concern is that it replaces <br /> with \r\n and those are printed in the forum.
I know that \r\n is a linebreak, but what can I change it to, to make it invisible... ?
Could I just export the table, change it in "vi" to correct linefeed ?

// Fredrik

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds