Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script

More
13 years 10 months ago #31 by Dannymh
Do you already have all these users within Joomla on your old site, or are they only in SMF?

The reason I ask is that Joomla and SMF use different routines for their passwords. So if we bring them across we would have to then make a new authentication plugin to allow the users to login.

If you already have all these users in Joomla you should be able to just export the jos_users table and you should be away.

Otherwise I can help you with this but it will take some time, as I dont have much spare time.

You may want to look at installing jFusion, integrate SMF, sync all of your users and then convert to Kunena.

You can then disable JFUSION but keep the auth plugin enabled for jfusion and you should be fine.

I am working on getting my site ready to move to VPS and stripping everything away in the process once I have tested this I will let you know.

Also can you have one of your existing users try to login to the Kunena forum and see if it lets them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #32 by kraymitchell
Dan,
The previous site is just a forum, there is no Joomla attached to it.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go the jFusion route, but it looks like I might. Especially if I can't retain all the formatting of the current posts.

If I sync all the users with jFusion, can't I just delete it after all the users are brought over? Or does the Auth plugin have to stay in there?

As I am the only user (Aside from you) in both Joomla and Kunena, I am going to say other users can't login at all right now.

More
13 years 10 months ago #33 by Dannymh
Can you hold on another night?

I will write the code to import the users into Joomla too, infact I already have a script for that, that will do it from SMF, however a new one will have better results.

Once i put that in this script I will write an altered authentication plugin.

Alternately you can reset everyones password and ask them to get a new one, that over all would be the best idea, but I can easily write a change Joomla authentication module that also updates the password back to the proper Joomla HASH so that after say 2 months you can switch back to the standard one as most people would have logged in.

Shouldnt take me long to add but I dont have time this afternoon.

Dan

More
13 years 10 months ago #34 by kraymitchell
Hey Dan,
I have no issues holding off if I am able to do a better conversion of the forum. I would really like to ditch SMF with all the issues they are having in their management right now. Not to mention it's been 4 years and v2 is still not out yet!

Thanks!

More
13 years 10 months ago #35 by Dannymh
Sorry was off work sick yesterday and am sick still so havent had a chance to do this yet. Will do ASAP

More
13 years 10 months ago #36 by Dannymh
Ok

The following changes have been made ( i still need to write you a new authentication plugin)

Anyway, use the first script "smf2k.php"

WARNING: This new script deletes all existing Joomla users

one more time

THIS SCRIPT DELETES ALL EXISTING JOOMLA USERS SO BACKUP THE JOS_USER TABLE FIRST

anyway run this script, then upload teh script called "tools.php
to you Joomla root directory, run this and enter your Username and Password

You will then be put back in as a Super Administrator and you will have your password working.

At this point you will be able to login, but your users will not as their passwords will be salted with the SMF SALT

Tomorrow I will write you a script that will update your users passwords on their first correct login and MD5 hash them.

This is very ugly scripting but it works

The tools.php is thanks to the jfusion team. I altered it to change the password also so thanks to that team for a quick and good script to do this

Just for parity

THIS DELETES ALL JOOMLA USERS SO TAKE A BACKUP FIRST

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #37 by Dannymh
Ok

The following changes have been made ( i still need to write you a new authentication plugin)

Anyway, use the first script "smf2k.php"

WARNING: This new script deletes all existing Joomla users

one more time

THIS SCRIPT DELETES ALL EXISTING JOOMLA USERS SO BACKUP THE JOS_USER TABLE FIRST

anyway run this script, then upload teh script called "tools.php
to you Joomla root directory, run this and enter your Username and Password

You will then be put back in as a Super Administrator and you will have your password working.

At this point you will be able to login, but your users will not as their passwords will be salted with the SMF SALT

Tomorrow I will write you a script that will update your users passwords on their first correct login and MD5 hash them.

This is very ugly scripting but it works

The tools.php is thanks to the jfusion team. I altered it to change the password also so thanks to that team for a quick and good script to do this

Just for parity

THIS DELETES ALL JOOMLA USERS SO TAKE A BACKUP FIRST

removed download file as I just realised that the original author was re-hashing the already hashed passwords, making for a double hash and overheads for login. The new download includes an authentication file and the fixed "as-is" password
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Dannymh.

More
13 years 10 months ago #38 by Dannymh
Ok new version of the script

Full convert, fresh Joomla, old SMF. This will delete all Joomla users.

You have been warned!

This script puts the passwords into the database straight into the database from SMF.
There is a Joomla.php that you place in your plugins/authentication folder, (backup your old and replace with this one)

What this does is it checks to see if the login works with standard Joomla authentication, if this fails, it checks it against the SMF crypt (basically SMF uses SHA1 + salt and Joomla uses MD5 + salt> I removed the salt for now though but joomla will fix that.

Anyway if the password then match the SMF hash it updates your record to the standard Joomla hash and logs you in.

The reason i did this is that over time, say 3 - 6 months the majority of your users would have logged into Joomla and therefore update their passwords, after that time you can revert to the latest Joomla.php authentication file and login as normal, the users who had not yet logged in can simply retrieve their passwords via joomla password retrieval.

Simple huh?

Any questions let me know

- tools.php -> joomla root (thanks jfusion.org team)
- joomla.php -> plugins/authentication/
- smf3k.php -> replace old

enjoy

- One more warning can't hurt. THIS WILL DELETE ALL EXISTING JOOMLA USERS :)

Dan

* next I might work on a phpBB converter and eventually clean this up so it actually looks kind of nice and the code isn't so hacky and messy

File Attachment:

File Name: SMF2K_with...sers.zip
File Size:9 KB
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #39 by tamirzzz
Hi,

This is Tamir who started the intial post :P

I could not have imagined that my post would sitmulate reactions from so many people. I guess, This is the beuty of open source.

Because there was not really a good way of migrating smf to anything in Joomla 1.5x, It postponed my upgrade to Joomla 1.5 for almost a year.

Now I am glad that if someone runs into the same problems I had a while ago, she\he could easly solve these.

On behalf of the Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x users :woohoo: Thank you all for your contribution.

Tamir

More
13 years 10 months ago #40 by kraymitchell
Thanks Danny!
I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

So... will this delete my current Joomla users? ;) :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds