Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Preview does not work

More
13 years 10 months ago #31 by Cerberus
Unfortunately id have to point you in direction of extensions maker as clearly from the 10,000ish users here that this is not a kunena issue but the other extension and yes your only other option would be to just not use that extension or find another one that does same job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #32 by sozzled
seppi: you will notice that I have merged your discussion with several other discussions that all relate to the same general issue about the message preview function not operating. In all these cases, the underlying problem was the same: there was something else installed on the users' websites that was responsible for causing this problem!

If this isn't sufficient enough for you to have suspicions about your problem, have a look at this topic !

So, again, I'll ask you the same three questions, seppi, and after we have that information we might be able to make some better suggestions:
    What version of
Kunena are you using?
What Kunena template are you using?
What Joomla site template are you using?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #33 by benburnz
Replied by benburnz on topic Preview not loading
Hi,

joomla version 1.5.15
kunena version 1.5.11
no customisations

Im using version 1.5.11 on a custom made joomla template and the post-preview dose not load when clicked. It just shows the loading gif?

Any help will be grand cheers

Ben
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by benburnz. Reason: forgot to add version details

More
13 years 9 months ago #34 by sozzled
G'day, benburnz, and welcome to Kunena. :)

As you see, I have merged your question with a few others on the same subject all of which were resolved with the same solution: there was something else installed on the users' websites that was responsible for causing this problem.

In addition to what we've written earlier, I would also advise you as a new user of Kunena to use (or upgrade to) K 1.5.12 because it fixes several known, important, issues in K 1.5.11.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #35 by benburnz
Thanks for you reply and i will try upgrading but surely there must be a reason why this happens and a cause. My site is mostly standard joomla plugins and components and after reading this thread yesterday i tried removing any addons i have added but still no preview.

Do you actually know what causes this, can you not switch on all errors and warnings and find the cause? Just seems like a very vague solution?

anyway thanks,
ben

edit

It seems it works on the preview copy of the site i am using that uses a different database. I will mimic all the modules and components etc to see if there is a fix that way
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by benburnz.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #36 by sozzled
benburnz wrote:

Do you actually know what causes this, can you not switch on all errors and warnings and find the cause? Just seems like a very vague solution?

Yes, we do have a very good idea what causes these problems and, yes, it is possible to perform traceback analysis to obtain a few cues and clues as to what's going on behind the scenes. In very broad tems, the main reason is that the cause lies in poorly designed, exploitative code in other components that clobbers the weaknesses that have stayed in Kunena 1.5. The specific causes vary. We are aware of these design weaknesses in Kunena and that is why a huge amount of time has been invested by the development team to minimise these conflicts (at least from the Kunena perspective). These weaknesses in Kunena will not be completely eradicated in the upcoming K 1.6 but they will be minimised.

See here for some further information that analagous to this topic. If we had a few spare hours I would love to tell you all about it but, really, the simplest way to deal with the problem is for you to eliminate all the usual suspects (potential culprits) and start your problem analysis with "bare bones" system. Does that make sense? :D

What Joomla template are you using? That's nearly always the number one clue.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #37 by benburnz
Hi Sozzled,

Sorry for just getting back to you. The Joomla is a completely custom one I was handed a png that I created a html page from that I converted to Joomla, a basic template really.

The good news is that it’s now working fine, at first I removed everything that wasn't running on the preview site (that didn't help). Then I just ignored it and added a few other modules and plugins and when I checked back it was fine again?

Also I havent got round to upgrading yet but I will do.

Thanks for your help anyway, Cheers

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds