Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question gTranslate and Kunena

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by stephen78
Hi All,

I have a question regarding on gtranslate and Kunena compatability. On my test site, i use Kunena and gTranslate together, however I just found out that if I enable the gtranslate module on the same page as Kunena. Then I cannot collapse the table by clicking the square box on the top right hand of each table.

But if I disable or not allow the gtranslate show with Kunena, its work fine. Is anyone have any idea?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by stephen78
Replied by stephen78 on topic Re: gTranslate and Kunena
Someone said that maybe the Java script issue. Is anyone have an idea to fix it?

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: gTranslate and Kunena
Sounds to me like a Javascript issue.

Let me explain the general theory. Suppose you have two pieces of independently-developed software and you install them together on the same website and, for argument's sake, let's call them K and G (remember this is a purely hypothetical argument ;) ). OK ... so let's suppose that both K and G both make calls to their own, independently-developed Javascript libraries and, for argument's sake, let's call these libK.js and libG.js. Now, let's also suppose that in both libK.js and libG.js there is a function called start_here(). Do you begin to see the problem. Two, independently-written components, each developed with no knowledge of one another, both of which can call start_here(). So which start_here() is used when it's called from wherever it's called? The answer is that your browser detects the existence of two "start_heres" and disables them both so that neither of them works. If you enable Javascript debugging in your browser you can see the error.

All a bit technical (especially before 9 o'clock in the morning when I'm writing this). So let me give it to you simply: some web components just don't plain work with Kunena and I think you may have found one.

A lot of the Javascript library functions have been rewritten for Kunena 1.6 for this reason. Sorry, but that's the best explanation that I have.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by stephen78
Replied by stephen78 on topic Re: gTranslate and Kunena
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and your CLEAR explanation. Is helpful. I will try your suggestion to use the Javascript debugger and find out the error (If I can make it).

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds