Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: user registration)

13 Jul 2011 05:20
Replied by sozzled on topic Every new user has Administrator rights

All users have Administrator privileges

Category: Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla

Check Global Configuration » Server » User Settings » New User Registration Type
02 Jul 2011 05:27 - 02 Jul 2011 05:28
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

User registration and/or general login issues

G'day, Rakkety Tam, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic about one of the most frequently asked (and answered) questions here. These kinds of "how do I register users to use Kunena" questions are asked so often, that's why we added the question to the FAQ referenced at the top of this page: see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

It is my guess that you have disabled user registration in your Global Configuration.
01 Jul 2011 02:52
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 miscellaneous third-party extensions archive

Yes, gazm, we understand the problem. The issue involves using the login form in Kunena as long as you have Kunena integrated to use the Community Builder login function. As a workaround, you can set the Kunena integration option to use the Joomla login function instead. There is a downside: if users try to register at your site from the Kunena forum, they will also be offered the Joomla registration function (if it's enabled) using the option I've just mentioned. We understand the problem and I have referred the matter to the project team for a resolution of the issue.

Your problem, gazm, can also be addressed by using the fix given by Matias in msg #18 in this topic. This removes the message "The profile page is not available for guests".

I still have to further investigate the main subject of this topic, namely, "Profile tab says 'You are not authorized to view this page!'"
27 Jun 2011 05:29
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 miscellaneous third-party extensions archive

According to you K 1.6 configuration report, these are your current settings (Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options)

integration_access auto
integration_login communitybuilder
integration_avatar communitybuilder
integration_profile communitybuilder
integration_private none
integration_activity communitybuilder

I would use the following settings:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and Userlist = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Community Builder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messaginb = None
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = None
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Joomla

See how those settings work for you.
23 Jun 2011 03:26
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

G'day, lowtech, and welcome to Kunena.

lowtech wrote: Kunena (1.6.4) is the major target for spammers ...

I recommend that you read How do I protect my forum from spam? Although this does not give any prescriptive technical remedy, it does put the question in perspective and, from this perpective, I don't think it's reasonable to conclude that K 1.6.4 (or any specific version of Kunena) is more or less the major target for spammers.

lowtech wrote: ... I put commented out links in category descriptions but they nevertheless appeared to the public.

Would you like to give a few more details about how you "commented out" links in category descriptions and how you see this technique as a means to deal with the spam issues that you appear to be having?

lowtech wrote: I am not particularly concerned about spam postings to Kunena since registration is required ...

Irrespective of how you've defined your user registration procedures, the fact remains that accounts will be registered and they will be used by spam merchants to plaster your site with their nonsense. This fact is confirmed by the occasional attempts made by people (or automated technology) to attack this website, too.

It's difficult for me to respond to your specific question ("Where can one put a commented out link") without understanding what link you are referring to. Maybe a picture of your problem will help.
18 Jun 2011 03:39 - 22 Jun 2011 12:55
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Login Errors!

[RESOLVED] Euro-Orange Template causes Login Errors with K 1.6.4 and J! 1.6.

Category: K 1.6 and K 1.7 miscellaneous user contributions archive

Kunena doesn't "do" login/registration. You have a Joomla problem. The username/password you gave in your message does not work. How else would you like us to help? Can you show us when the username/password that you supplied actually works on your site?
12 Jun 2011 03:33
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: allow new users to activate automatically to kunena forum

allow new users to activate automatically to kunena forum

surferbloggy wrote: I don't find the new registered user among the kunena forum users i find there only the users set by superadministrator in the backend of joomla

how could I do to allow new users to activate automatically to kunena forum??? thank you for help

If you have new users who have registered themselves at you site then they can use the forum. The reason that you may not see these new users in Kunena is because they have not yet used the forum. As soon as they post a message on your forum you will see them.

Try this for yourself. Create a test account on your site (as an ordinary user) and see if you are prevented from using the forum after you have completed the registration process. See if you can post a message?

So, you see, your question "[How to] allow new users to activate automatically to Kunena forum?" has been answered. New users are automatically able to use Kunena after they have registered at your site and activated their Joomla account.
06 Jun 2011 03:06 - 13 Nov 2012 12:03
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

User registration and/or general login issues

Thank you for a very good question. I think we have answered this question several hundred times, but I am going to sticky this post in the hope that other might read it and learn more about what they need to do.

tinyb wrote:

I have got the Kunena Forum working a treat but have one small question which has me puzzled. There seems to be no where to allow users to register.

Out-of-the-box, Kunena works without you having to do anything at all. If you don't make any changes to the initial default settings, K 1.6 allows users to login to post messages on the forum and to register with your site assuming that you have allowed users to register at your site.

However, we need to make one point absolutely clear:

Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login

I think I have written that statement over one hundred times. Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login. These are standard Joomla features or they may be assisted by other Joomla extensions that you have installed (e.g. JomSocial or Community Builder).

You can change whether you allow users to register. This is done (in Joomla) with the setting
Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = Yes / No

You can provide your users with a place to login (in Kunena) with the forum setting:
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration

For those who are new to Joomla, and who want to get a head-start building websites, I strongly recommend that you buy or borrow one of the following books:
  • Using Joomla by Ron Severdia and Kenneth Crowder, published by O'Reilly Media Inc. Ron Severdia is also a member of the Kunena development team.
  • Beginning Joomla! From Novice to Professional by Dan Rahmel, published by Apress. Although this book is a little dated, the general principles are similar.
I own these books, they're excellent value and I know they will answer all your questions for a long time to come!

A couple of other points that people should know about:

Kunena is not responsible for
  • sending out "confirm this message" emails when people register
  • the format or details of "confirm this message" emails when people register
  • making sure that people actually use the forum
  • making sure that all the user's registration details are correct or checking that the user has a valid email address; or
  • the Global Financial Crisis of 2007 or the Fukishima nuclear power plant disaster ... just in case you were wondering
04 Jun 2011 07:07 - 04 Jun 2011 07:08
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: "Create An Account"

"Create An Account"

Please post your K 1.6 configuration report. Let us check what you have done.

You can check if you have disabled user registrations if you look at
Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = Yes / No
04 Jun 2011 06:44
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: "Create An Account"

"Create An Account"

citronade wrote: I have the same problem

I have the same problem ...

Does this mean you are using K 1.6.3 and you have disabled user registration in Joomla?
02 Jun 2011 02:15
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect to another page instead of home after some click on the activation email after registration

Redirect to another page instead of home after some click on the activation email after registration

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. This is a Joomla question. Please ask your question at the Joomla support forum, forum.joomla.org
31 May 2011 03:02 - 31 May 2011 03:02
Replied by sozzled on topic How to protect my forum from spam

How to protect my forum from spam

Kunena does not have a registration function; Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Please look at this topic which will help you.
24 May 2011 12:39
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Joomla Registration Page

Joomla Registration Page

G'day, marvinglennlacuna and welcome to Kunena.

User registration is not handled by Kunena . Please report your problem to the Joomla support forum forum.joomla.org
24 May 2011 12:24
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: How to streamline the K1.6.4. Index view?

How to streamline the K1.6.4. Index view?

Category: K 1.7 Common Questions

Yes, you can turn off "Who is online" section: Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Statistics Plug-in Settings » Show Who is Online = No

Yes, you can turn off the "Forum Statistics" section: Forum Configuration » Plug-ins » Statistics Plug-in Settings » Show Statistics = No

Yes, you can turn off the user welcome/registration/login section: Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = None
23 May 2011 00:36
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Error in Joomla when not logged in Kunea

Error in Joomla when not logged in Kunea

As we have written before, on hundreds of occasions, Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Kunena uses whatever you have installed for user registration. Kunena can integrate with a login form from another module, if you have one installed on your site, but you also have the choice to disable logins altogether from the Kunena pages. Does this help?
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 381 results.
Time to create page: 0.920 seconds