Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Solved Please disable "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" at www.kunena.org

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by sozzled
Dear Kunena team.

I do not like the recent change made to this forum where the subscription checkbox is enabled by default. I visit this forum most days; I post in many topics. I do not need to be notified when someone has replied to a topic I have created or replied to.

For the last 6 years (or more) this setting has been disabled. It is only in the last couple of days that someone decided to enable the setting.

Please restore the setting to the way things were working for the last 6 years.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
Michael we fixed the checkbox setting issue, if you still have the checkbox enabled, then you need to turn it off on your profile setting.

We haven't changed the setting, its still off.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by 810
oh, I get now also mails, looks like a new bug

- Update

This category was under review, that's why I got the emails. Just turned it off.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yesterday, before I posted this message, I checked my user profile. I had some 5 topics that I was subscribed to. I unsubscribed from four of thse topics.

When I posted my earlier message in this topic, I forgot to clear the subscribe checkbox. No real problem; I did not mind if I received an email notifying me that a reply had been posted on this subject. I received an email notice in reply to this topic. In the time since I received the email message and now, I have not changed my user profile.

I then went to my user profile here, at www.kunena.org (remember, I should have at least two topics that I have subscribed to on this forum). This is the screenshot of my user profile taken a few minutes ago.

What has happened to the two topic subscriptions that I had? I have not changed my user profile. I should be subscribed to two topics but I am subscribed to no topics. What is going on?
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
I had unsubscribed you, on the backend.

If you want to subscribe to topics again, you can use the subscribe buttons on the topic again.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

810 wrote: I had unsubscribed you, on the backend.

When did I ask you to do that? :pinch:

I am a mature member of this community; you do not need to treat me as if I am a novice user. I know how to manage my own user profile.

Next time you edit my posts or edit my profile I would appreciate the courtesy of an explanation as to what changed and why you changed something.

I do not now remember what topic(s) I was subscribed to; considering I have been a member of this community for over 7 years and I've posted messages in thousands of topics on this forum, I cannot remember everything. Your response ("If you want to subscribe to topics again, you can use the subscribe buttons on the topic again.") was not very helpful. I don't need a lesson in how to subscribe when I want to subscribe.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #7 by 810
You complained you getting emails,

I do not need to be notified when someone has replied to a topic I have created or replied to.

so I removed it for you.

You did just had 5 subscriptions:

Your 3 new topics, and 2 older ones.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled

810 wrote: You complained you getting emails

Actually, I was not complaining about the emails I get from this website. When I want to subscribe then I will subscribe; I did not want to be "automatically" subscribed. That was my point.

My "complaint" (as you characterise it) was not about getting emails. I was, however, upset to discover all my existing subscriptions had suddently disappeared. I do not need someone else to manage my subscriptions, thanks very much; I can do that myself. Perhaps you thought you were doing the right thing? Perhaps you think that we cannot look after ourselves?

I am a mature member of this community; you do not need to treat me as if I am a novice user. Next time you edit my posts or edit my profile I would appreciate the courtesy of an explanation as to what and why you changed something. I think we will all be a lot happier if we extended a bit of common courtesy.

Thank you.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds