Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved long file Names

More
8 years 4 months ago #11 by mw911
Replied by mw911 on topic long file Names
As a brand new user of this forum and of the latest version (4.0.7), I would like to also see this problem solved. Not being able to see the whole file name of the attachments is a big problem. We would like to be able to upload documents into the forum so users can refer to them but the users will not easily be able to tell what file they should click on without its whole name being there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic long file Names
As I wrote earlier in this topic,

sozzled wrote:

The problem has never occurred before in earlier versions of Kunena. I don't like the way that Kunena now truncates attachment filenames two the last three characters plus the filename extension. :(

In my opinion, this change is a design defect — no question about it.

This defect was introduced around the time of K 4.0.3 (I think) and it does not look like it will be fixed in K 4.0. See GitHub reference #3844 . The developers appear to have decided that the ability to have these long file names will be a [configurable] "feature" of K 5.0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds