Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Which CSS files handles template colors?

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by Daviciacus
Hello,

I just installed Kunena 2 but the blue and grey colors do not match my green template. So I would like to change the colors more toward green.

Which file do I need to edit for this?

I found various color settings in kunena.default.css but when I make changes in that file, I see absolutely no difference on my forums.

Can you tell me which CSS file I should edit?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by 9themestore
Hi Daviciacus,

I think you should override color to the template.css file. If you do that does not affect anything when you upgrade new version for Kunena forum.

Regards.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Daviciacus and welcome to Kunena.

I agree with 9themestore; it is not a good idea to make changes to the original Kunena source files because, when you update/upgrade Kunena, these files will be replaced. It is better to change the way Kunena is displayed by adding CSS to your Joomla site template. I recommend that you see How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?
More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by Daviciacus
Thanks for your responses.

I'm not really familiar with CSS though. I can fiddle around a bit with existing CSS code by changing the hex color codes (which is what I tried) but I couldn't write any CSS code from scratch.

Is there any standard CSS code that I can implement in my template.css file for Kunena, that I can then make changes to?

Thanks!
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #5 by Smirnov

sozzled wrote: I recommend that you see How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Hi,
only one question...

Why can't I change the forum link color by editing the template settings kunena?
I should edit kunena.default-min.css...

Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active, #Kunena a:focus { background-color: transparent !important; color: #5B6C71 !important; }

...it is very inconvenient.
Probably, team of developers kunena - has plans to correct it?
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Smirnov.
More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by skybax
The CSS is overwritten by the joomla template.
More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #7 by Smirnov

skybax wrote: The CSS is overwritten by the joomla template.

Okay.
Give me an example, please, how this rule to rewrite the css styles in the joomla template? :)

Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active, #Kunena a:focus { background-color: transparent !important; color: #5B6C71 !important; }

Also pay attention on !important.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Smirnov.
More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by Daviciacus
For me it would also be very helpful to have some standard CSS code to add to my Joomla template. It can just be something standard, once I have that then I can start changing colors until I get what I want, but I need to know the basic CSS code to add to my Joomla template. Can anyone give me that? Thanks!
More
10 years 10 months ago #9 by Smirnov

Daviciacus wrote: For me it would also be very helpful to have some standard CSS code to add to my Joomla template. It can just be something standard, once I have that then I can start changing colors until I get what I want, but I need to know the basic CSS code to add to my Joomla template. Can anyone give me that? Thanks!

Are you looking this? :)
More
10 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled

skybax wrote: The CSS is overwritten by the Joomla template.

This is absolutely correct.

Some Joomla site templates contain many CSS files. In some cases you need to identify which file is the one that is loaded last (remember, CSS stands for cascading style sheets and so the last-loaded CSS file will override any previous rules employing the !important directive).

The Kunena project team has no plans to redesign the way that templates work. Kunena is open source software (which means that you can change it any way that you like) and, if you want to customise the look and feel of Kunena, you are free to do anything you like to change the way that it works or the way that it looks. This means that you can change the file kunena.default-min.css but you should also remember that this file will be replaced when you update Kunena. Therefore it is a better idea to make any custom CSS changes to your Joomla site template CSS file to preserve the overall integrity of Kunena from one version to the next.

We have discussed the question "which CSS file should I edit" many times. The answer is the same. Apply any "Kunena-specific" CSS customisations to your Joomla site template CSS because, as

skybax wrote: The CSS is overwritten by the Joomla template.

:)
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds