Kunena 5.1.16 Released (18 Mar 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.16 [K 5.1.16] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged K 3.0 Kunena menu issues

More
5 years 9 months ago #91 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 3.0 Kunena menu issues

jaymzyates wrote: I see that the config shows I have jomsocial plugins installed, but I do not. Not sure where it is reading this from.

I would imagine that the configuration report obtains the information from the Joomla assets table but, as I am not a developer and I have not looked into the source code responsible for generating the report, I can't answer your question.

I'm just an ordinary person, like you, and I use the information I see when people post their configuration reports. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the information when I read it. If you say that you do not have those JomSocial plugins then I believe you but I also know that the information did not materialise from nowhere. Therefore, this points to the probability of a data integrity problem in your Joomla database.

As you know, Joomla stores menus and menu items in the database. From the sounds of things, you have something a little "odd" in your database.

What surprises me now, looking at your configuration report, is your menu item (id=516). The path - community/kunena-2014-06-12 - seems a little strange to me. Where does this "community" thing come from?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #92 by jaymzyates
Replied by jaymzyates on topic K 3.0 Kunena menu issues
It's possible that it does still exist in the database as at one time I had JomSocial installed. I uninstalled it an all related plugins through Joomla. I guess it wasn't clean. The community comes from the parent menu item. The path is www.txoedev.com/community/forum (in which forum is the alias).

Thank you very much for your assistance. I know it is a hard thing to troubleshoot. I have been trying as well.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #93 by sozzled
As you know, the menu item you should have on your main menu should be an alias to the parent menu item in your kunenamenu menu (see Customised menus in the Wiki). As you have probably already realised, the Joomla menuing system is one of the most weird, confusing, perplexing, difficult, strange, non-intuitive, "buggiest", problem-causing parts of Joomla.

That's why, when I create a new website from scratch and straight after setting up Joomla SEO and installing Akeeba Backup, I install Kunena (and not change the menu items) and I don't have any problems after that.

When you originally created your topic (before I merged it in here) the subject suggested to me that some of your menu items did not appear. When I read your first message, you wrote

I still can not get the menu tabs to show up in my site

So I'm a bit confused. Is your problem that some Kunena menu items don't appear or that all Kunena menu items don't appear? Maybe I just misinterpreted the topic. :pinch:

You're right that when a guest visits your forum they don't see any menu items. What happens after you login?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
5 years 9 months ago #94 by jaymzyates
Correct, none of the menu items show up (tabs). There is no change between logged in and anonymous users. I have yet to see any kunena menu items. I keep wondering if it has something to do with my home menu being hidden or the lack of a module position.

screencast.com/t/gvuWAVOd

screencast.com/t/26FhbMk5E

screencast.com/t/fLgKUUhZ12

More
5 years 9 months ago #95 by sozzled
Try to keep it simple (that's what I would do). If you have a hidden-items menu then remove it (trash it and empty the trash).

If you have any Joomla plugins that refer (in any way) to JomSocial then uninistall them.

If you have a menu alias pointing to the path "community", maybe you need to rethink your menu strategy.

More
5 years 9 months ago #96 by jaymzyates
I just tested trashing and burning everything and letting the defaults ride to a non hidden home menu. No Change :(

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #97 by sozzled
Hmmm ... this problem seems to have some unexplained cause that would seem to require an examination/analysis of your Joomla set-up. I'm happy enough to do this for you, if you like, on the understanding that I may not necessarily (a) find the cause or (b) be able to fix the problem. But, if you're willing to have someone examine and anlayse what you've done, we could do that.

I provide these kinds of services as part of my business. On that understanding, of course, as a purely professional business arrangement, you can contact me offline and we will try to see what it is that's behind the issues you have identified.

I have found that, in 99.9% of the cases I deal with every day, the mere mention of the word "money" seems to resolve just about any problem. :D
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaymzyates

More
5 years 9 months ago #98 by jaymzyates
Sure. I do not know how to contact you offline. I can be reached at jaymzyates (at) gmail.com. Please send your contact info, i would appreciate it.

More
5 years 9 months ago #99 by sozzled
I have replied to you by email. My contact information (for anyone who may be interested) is located on the team page at this site.

More
5 years 9 months ago #100 by jaymzyates
My issue is resolved. Not exactly sure why, but for some reason the show kunena menu configuration item showed checked but wasn't in the database config. Rather than change it there, I uninstalled Kunena completely, reinstalled, recreated menus and viola.. fixed. Thanks sozzled for all your help as well. You are a happy spirited fellow. Enjoy your coffee and Australian day!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds