Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Upgrade problems with K 1.x -> K 2.0.3 (and solution)

More
11 years 4 months ago #31 by oshydaka
Hi guys.

I've an very old version of Kunena, Kunena 1.6.5 ^^

I'm trying to update in 2.0.x (2.0.3 and now 2.0.1) but i've an issue.

I've drop my MySQL DB to import in my new website DB (I've migrate my server).

Anyway, I'm good with users / categories / stats, but not good with Topics.

My new table site_kunena_topics and site_kunena_user_topics are empty. There aren't those tables in Kunena 1.6.5. I've import all other tables, like site_kunena_message or site_kunena_thanks etc...

So my forum look like this :

[IMG

All is "no messages" ..

And i don't know how to fix this :(

If someone can help me ?

Thanks

(sorry for my english ^^)
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 4 months ago #32 by sozzled
More
11 years 4 months ago #33 by oshydaka
I've see that yes, but i don't know how to fix my issue with the table site_kunena_topics and site_kunena_user_topics
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #34 by sozzled
The answer to your question is to read and follow the advice given in K 2.0.3 Known Issues
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 4 months ago #35 by oshydaka
Finally i've install a Joomla 1.5, and a Kunena 1.6.5, and then upgrade version by version 'til 2.0.1. And my db has been update. So all is good =)
More
11 years 4 months ago #36 by sozzled

oshydaka wrote: Finally i've install a Joomla 1.5, and a Kunena 1.6.5, and then upgrade version by version 'til 2.0.1. And my db has been update. So all is good =)

Now you can upgrade to K 2.0.3 and everything will be "perfect" ;)
More
11 years 3 months ago #37 by Phoenix
Well I'm confused :dry:

I just came back to post the results of my upgrade to 2.02 (from 1.07) and I saw my topic was gone and I was listed as being the last poster in this thread but when I clicked last post my post is nowhere to be seen ... in my original thread (which is gone) or this one.

Should I continue on in this thread or start a new one with my configuration report from 2.02 and some of the issues that have appeared?

Phoenix
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #38 by sozzled
With apologies to Phoenix who asked a question about upgrading from K 1.7.2 to K 2.0.1.

I was in the process of merging this person's question into this topic when, for some unexplainable reason, I inadvertently lost his message. These things occasionally happen and I apologise for this mistake.

Although my recollection of the information is not the best, the question related to a problem that the person was having with the upgrade from K 1.7.2 to K 2.0.1 because (as people will see in msg #1 of this topic) there is a suggestion that people need to go first to K 2.0.1 and then go from K 2.0.1 to K 2.0.3; that suggestion is half-true.

We do not recommend that people use K 2.0.1 as an intermediate path in upgrading to K 2.0.3 but, if you feel that you must use an interim/temporary workaround, it would be preferable to use K 2.0.2 instead.

There is also another mechanism for addressing the problems relating to the upgrade from K 1.x to K 2.0.3 and this is described in Kunena 2.0.3 known issues

Two remaining matters I would like to remind people about:

(1) K 1.7 became obsolete in August this year. We encourage all members of the community to subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena so that you will not miss out on important notices that help you keep your site up-to-date and to avoid the problems of playing "software catch-up" later.

(2) There is no issue involving the upgrade from K 2.0.x to K 2.0.y but we also need to make it clear no versions before K 2.0.3 are supported and therefore any questions relating to K 2.0.1 (or K 2.0.2) will go unanswered.

The issue of difficulties involving the upgrade from K 1.x to K 2.0.3 has been resolved and will be fixed properly with the release of K 2.0.4.

Again, my sincere apology to Phoenix for losing their message.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #39 by Phoenix
Hi Sozzled,

The gist of my post was that I was having issues with 1.72 to 2.03 and had restored several Akeeba backups to try to resolve them in the upgrade process. I was also under pressure from my host provider who insists that K1.72 has serious security flaws with SQL injections and is attracting hackers who are looking for outdated software to exploit and causing CPU spikes. I had also posted my configuration report for 1.72 in case it would be helpful with my questions after the upgrade (which is now done) My "preliminary" question was ...

Is this a reasonable assertion or in any way factual? They have said they won't host it (or any software with known serious security flaws) because of the security issues and this has caused some real pressure as I was hoping to have it up for another few days until the upgrade issues I have encountered have been resolved (and hopefully sooner).

My second question is should I continue with posting my config report "post 2.02 upgrade" and ask my questions about what is now happening in this thread or start a new one?

Thanks for solving the mystery of the missing post :)

Phoenix
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Phoenix.
More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #40 by Phoenix
FWIW ... I just clicked recent posts on the forum and received this error ...

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Please contact the site owner.

Go back

The no replies tab is producing the same. All the other tabs are working.

Phoenix
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Phoenix.
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds