Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Before you post your question, read this first

More
11 years 5 months ago #141 by [email protected]
Hi, I've got problem probably related with some Javascript conflict. I know that it's common problem, but I am not able to find any solutions. Problem is that users can't edit their profile, avatars etc. - docs.kunena.org/index.php/*_Commonly-ask...ipt-related_problems (second heading)

URL: povolenka.cz/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #142 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

miloshavlicek: Your latest posting is a duplicate of the question you asked before .

The reason that your users are unable to edit their profile, avatars, etc., is because you have another Joomla extension installed on your site that loads a Javascript library that conflicts with the standard Joomla Mootools library. The solution is to identify what is that other Joomla extension and to address the problem by either (a) resolving the cause of the Javascript conflict yourself, (b) asking the developer of the other Joomla extension to fix the problem, (c) resolving the cause of the problem yourself, or (d) uninistall or otherwise remove the other Javascript library so that it does not load and conflict with Mootools.

Sometimes these problems are easy to fix and sometimes they are not so easy to fix. The solution really comes down to answering the question how important it is to make Kunena work on your website and how much time you want to invest in making Kunena work on the site that you have created. The most important resource that is needed in each case where we see these problems is time: it's either a case of how much time you have to spend on working through the problem or how much time someone else has to spend working through the problem for you.

What may help is to compare the HTML source of your website with a "vanilla-flavoured" Joomla site that has K 2.0.2 installed. Using a different example , you may be able to see how to go about doing this yourself. I hope this helps.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #143 by Zingdad
Replied by Zingdad on topic Cannot Edit User Profiles
Hi

I have just recently installed Kunena 2.0.2 on J1.5.26

Wow! Awesome! Everything works and right out of the box it has everything I need. So I am smiling. The only niggle is that none of my users can edit their user profiles (avatars, signatures, etc, nothing under "profile" is editable).

I have read and taken careful note of the known issues discussed in
" Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena " and
" Javascript and Kunena "

From what I can glean from these documents it doesn't seem as if this is my issue. I have my forum running on the JAPurity template with Mootools 1.2.5.

My site also doesn't display the other symptoms of a Mootools conflict, viz:
The performance of the forum on your website is not slow
The BBcode toolbar works fine
Smileys work fine
The Kunena tabbed menu works fine

... its just the profiles that I can't edit.

So I am guessing there is another issue at play?

I'd REALLY appreciate some advice!

My forum is at www.zingdad.com/ascension-forum

Thank you...

EDIT TO AD: Now the BBCode toolbar has stopped working. I am sure it worked before?!? So perhaps this IS a Mootools issue?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Zingdad. Reason: additional info

More
11 years 4 months ago #144 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Zingdad, and welcome to Kunena.

Yes, as we are tirelessly reminding people, your issues are caused by a Javascript library conflict from another Joomla extension that has clobbered Joomla Mootools. After spending some time on your website, I see that you are using J! 1.5 with a number of other extensions (notably JCE MediaBox which we are well aware has been reponsible for causing havoc with Joomla Mootools 1.2) and any of these could be responsible for introducing the source of your problem. The way to resolve these problems is to remove - i.e. disable or uninstall - those other things you have until you find the "thing" that is causing your forum to not behave. The articles that you referred to in your post hold the key.

JComments is another extension that you are using that loads its own Javascript on your forum pages. (As an off-topic aside, you may like to consider replacing this extension with Kunena Discuss as an alternative.)

I hope that this advice, together with the advice given in msg #1 of this topic, will help you resolve your problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zingdad

More
11 years 4 months ago #145 by Zingdad
Hi Sozzled

I know it must be a real pain in the ass to answer the same question over and over but I really do appreciate your taking the time to look at my site. I didn't think either of disabling Mediabox or JComments, its true. I guess this is the work I should have done before I came whining in your ears. :P

So I guess this is what I have a test site for: to check things like this out.

Thanks again,
~Z~

More
11 years 4 months ago #146 by qbasix
Hi, i use Joomla 1.5 and use Kunena to my forum, but I have problem with my kunena.
when I click to "edit" on profile to kunena I can`t apply nothing ( Avatar, information .... nothin)
I do not understat why :(
And BBC not loading on my screen "Loading BBC " but nothing :(

Please help me :)

Thanks

More
11 years 4 months ago #147 by Jiminimonka
If you want assistance, you should provide something for people to work with.

Please add a URL to your website forum as well as what version of Kunena you are using, which Joomla template, which Kunena template etc.

You could also post your Kunena configuration report. Then someone might actually be able to help you.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 4 months ago #148 by qbasix

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #149 by Jiminimonka

qbasix wrote: My forum is on Bulgarian language

URL: studenti-tu.com/index.php?option=com_kun...ry&catid=1&Itemid=68

Sorry, I do not understand the question.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 4 months ago #150 by qbasix
On bulagrian Profile is Профил

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds