Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Before you post your question, read this first

More
11 years 9 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by sozzled
The information in this topic applies to all versions of Joomla.

Before people write to us to tell us about their problems, they should first: People should pay particular attention to key messages contained in the release notes, for example:
People should also be familiar with the FAQs menu tab at the top of this page.

We also ask that, before you post in the forum, you look at the sticky topics (like this one) in which your question may have already been asked and answered.

We understand that many people may experience one or a number of the following problem symptoms:
  • You cannot see the BBcode toolbar to insert Kunena BBcode.
  • You get the message "Loading BBcode editor..." but no BBcode toolbar appears.
  • You cannot edit your Kunena user profile including setting your forum preferences, avatar image, etc.
  • You cannot use the Quick Reply feature and, in some cases, the Quote feature.
  • You cannot use the expand/collapse feature used on various sections of Kunena pages
  • You cannot use the Smiley selector to insert emoticons into Kunena messages.
  • You cannot use the Kunena user ban features.
  • You cannot see, in your user profile, the messages you posted.
  • You cannot use the image lightbox view feature.
  • The Attachments "Add File" button does not let you browse files on your computer.

Most of these problems occur because websites do not meet the Technical Requirements . In most cases, people have installed Kunena after they've installed everything else or after upgrading frm an older version of Kunena (and, therefore, other installed software already exists).

Many of these problems have been discussed at one time or another and were collected in the so-called " great Moootools/Javascript discussion ". That topic became unwieldy and difficult for people to find the answers they were looking for. We reviewed that topic and analysed the causes of the various problems that people were having.

Even though we expected that most of those problems would disappear when J! 1.5 was finally retired, the same old problems resurfaced again in J! 1.6, J! 1.7, J! 2.5, J! 3.0, J3.1 and even in J! 3.2 and they show no sign of going away because other Joomla extension developers have written their own software that does not nicely co-operate with Joomla. :whistle:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by rich. Reason: Links corrected
The following user(s) said Thank You: mraab, donkey12, cavusoglu28, vincebodie, niny22, jpfrancoeur, bizzymate, mehdee4, ieb, Alan-M, muthamail, top10ha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #2 by NickJWStone
After upgrading my recently installend 1.7.2 version to 2.0 the submenu's (tabs) are not working (for instance in profile). New users cannot acces the tabs to upload avatars etc.

Any clue how to solve this issue?

Joomla 2.5.6, Kunena 2.0.0, LSC
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by NickJWStone.

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Nick and welcome to Kunena.

Please see msg #1 in this topic.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by Adrenaline22
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ammon | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 3.2.8 | creationdate: August 1, 2011

Kunena default template details : JF Corporate | author: JoomForest | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 01.05.2012

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

The usual 'turn Build title spans to off' solution doesn't work I'm reaching out to the devs for help. I have tried many forums with bridges and so on, but finally opted for Kunena because is a Joomla component afterall and not some separate software. I really want this to work. Please help :(

Peter
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Adrenaline22.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #5 by NickJWStone
Hi Sozzled,

thanks for your reply. I managed my way through the javascript/mootools conflicts, but this doesn't seem to help me further. I had some problems before with (1.7.2) but managed to fix that. Now with the upgrade I've some different issues which I cannot fix out of these 'guidelines'.

Even when I change my template to a Joomla default template, these tabbed menus do not work. Everything worked fine with 1.7.2.

I hope some of you can help me out!

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_clarion | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: February 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0 | 2012-06-27 [ Diplomatia ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.0

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by NickJWStone.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
NickJWStone: Even without logging in to your website, I can see that you have still have Javascript problems. For example, the toggle buttons to expand or collapse various sections on the Kunena pages does not work.

What would you like us to do for you that has not already been discussed in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ? You have a choice: either something you are using on your website is more important to you to keep than to have a working Kunena forum or you need to remove whatever it is that is preventing you using the full capabilities of Kunena.

We know that the Kunena configuration report does not list "everything" on a user's website. There are other tools that produce lists of "everything" but I hesitate to recommend them because the reports that they produce also contain much confidential data that would be unwise to display in a public forum. No doubt, if we knew "everything" about your website we could probably tell you, in 2 seconds, which thing(s) you need to remove in order to get Kunena working again properly. Unfortunately we do not know everything about your website and we cannot know everything unless we spend as much time as you have already spent examining all your Joomla extensions - your templates, plugins, components, modules - and, one-by-one, remove each until you discover which one(s) are causing the problem.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by coder4life
The "Turn build title spans to off" is a Gantry option if I am not mistaken. Please contact RocketTheme ( www.rockettheme.com/ ) for this issue as it is not specific to Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarioMari

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Adrenaline22: The answer to your problem is contained in msg #1 of this topic.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by edilson_w
sozzled,

The following data access to the site:
After clicking the menu access

After login to the site, click on "TIRE SUAS DUVIDAS EM NOSSO FÓRUM"
Since I am grateful for your help, I await answers

Edilson

More
11 years 9 months ago #10 by NickJWStone

coder4life wrote: The "Turn build title spans to off" is a Gantry option if I am not mistaken. Please contact RocketTheme ( www.rockettheme.com/ ) for this issue as it is not specific to Kunena.

Indeed I had to turn 'build title spans' off when using 1.7.2 Everything was working fine after that. It seems the update to 2.0.0 brings some new javascript/mootools difficulties. I disabeled all RocketTheme related plugins and switched to a standard joomla template, but still no effect. I will keep on searching for the problem... Any tips are welcome ;)

I appreciate the effort you all put into this, but for the moment I'm lost and consider moving back to 1.7.2

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds