Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Hide / Disable login

More
11 years 7 months ago #31 by stempelman
I have looked in configuration but can not find anywhere to do this for the current version and the archive post I saw for 1,7 talks about disabling login in configuration but I found nowhere to do that.

Please help!

Thanks,

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #32 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Hide / Disable login
*** Topics merged ***

Answered >>> here <<<

More
11 years 7 months ago #33 by Sonictech
Replied by Sonictech on topic Login in / top section
How do I get ride of this section so only the main login is shown in joomla. The section is outline in black that I do not want shown.

Thanks,
Shawn
Attachments:

More
11 years 7 months ago #34 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Answered >>> here <<<

More
11 years 7 months ago #35 by brentwilliams
Replied by brentwilliams on topic Hide / Disable login
I could be wrong, so please correct me, but it appears that the solutions being provided only hide the login - they do not remove the entire profile box, which contains the avatar, etc. To do this, I edited /templates/blue_eagle/html/display.php and simply commented out this line:

$this->displayLoginBox ();

No more box.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #36 by piprees
These instructions are no good for 2.0

docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_I_can_disa..._or_whole_Profilebox

I want to edit the layout for user login and registration.

I want to remove the log in boxes, the forgotten password, the forgotten user name and replace with with jfbconnects login button for facebook connect login only.

My Website - www.localtradeclub.co.uk/tradeforum/index
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by piprees.

More
11 years 6 months ago #37 by piprees
Replied by piprees on topic Hide / Disable login
Ive done what Sozzled suggested and im having the same problem that the profile login box is still showing even though i disabled it.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_music_free | author: GavickPro | version: 3.4.1 | creationdate: 03 Sep 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #38 by sozzled
In your case, piprees, you need to disable the login option in your Kunena - JomSocial integration plugin. We show you how to do that >>> here <<<

The link you referred to in your earlier posting was for a very old version of Kunena. This has all changed since K 2.0. It is now a lot easier to do.

Editing the registration process and/or login form is a different question. Please read the FAQs page. Kunena is not responsible for user registration.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piprees

More
11 years 6 months ago #39 by piprees
Replied by piprees on topic Hide / Disable login
TY Sozzled

I have disabled the jomsocial login and thats work, ill look a tthe FAQ see what i can find about editing the profile box. Id like to put a "login with facebook" button there.

More
11 years 6 months ago #40 by sozzled

piprees wrote: Id like to put a "login with facebook" button there.

That's a totally different question. Please search the forum for information that will help you with that question. :)

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds