Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Resolved] Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #51 by kj2010
Btw: I don't want to edit my post. Thanks sozzled for the detailed summarize and it is correct that all these solution haven't worked for me.
The session time is for joomla and Kunena equal like I said a few posts above.
The code is added and helps to continue surfing, otherwise F5 would bring nothing and the Error stays.
The menu items are aliases from the Kunena menu which I've created new.

Thanks for your suggestions (the last so far i guess) ...I have also no clue/idea anymore.

*EDIT:
I disabled both plugins (Ko! and BT Login) and their errors are gone but the "Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57" still happens.
Like I assumed these 2 soup ingredients have nothing to do with this Kunena Component Error.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kj2010.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #52 by michalis
Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /home/content/02/9256402/html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

the weird thing is this happens only on firefox and only on some computers, I dont understand

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 15M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ifreedom-fjt | author: FJT | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 12-04-2012

Kunena default template details : nts_krevista | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.3 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

More
11 years 10 months ago #53 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

We have discussed your problem in this topic. I think you will find the information that you're looking for in here.

As a starting point, we recommend that you test the solutions posted in this topic using the Blue Eagle template.

More
11 years 10 months ago #54 by Shadez2270
While the forum was essentially empty (site hasn't been made public yet) the forum WAS working for me fine. Since upgrading my site to Joomla 2.56 this morning, my forum is returning a 500 server error

The exact message I get when I turn on debugging is

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kunena with no luck - I'm fairly new at this, so I don't have a clue why it stopped working.

Below is the output of report configuration settings

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 5M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : as002035 | author: AS Designing | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: 2012-02-01

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1

Modules: None

More
11 years 10 months ago #55 by Shadez2270
Restoring the original Joomla files made the forum work again... For now I'll leave it version 2.55

More
11 years 9 months ago #56 by ritesh_z
I also have the same error..
500 Internal Server Error.
Fatal Error.

I've installed everything fresh on localhost. Trying to build a new website. Joomla worked just fine. Played around a bit and nothing gave me any errors. Installed Kunena, tried accessing the only one thread available and got the error. Tried reinstalling Kunena and Joomla both but nothing seems to solve the error. It seems to be an inbuilt issue within Kunena package.

Here're the s/w details...
Joomla 2.5.6
PHP 5.3.14
Apache 2.2.11
MySql 5.5.25
Kunena 2.0.0

Any help?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #57 by vollach
Having the same issue and so far nothing I read in this thread helped:

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : effectivesolutions | author: TG | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 03-02-2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIm 2.8

Modules: None

my website forum can be found at www.sr-computers.co.il/forum

I get the following error when browsing the forum, I used one of the fixes suggested here but it just allowing to continue browsing after pressing F5 to reload

The Error:
Code:
500 Internal Server Error Fatal Error was detected! Fatal Error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57 The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

I added the following line to the access.php file on line 56, as I said, now refreshing allows to continue browsing but logged in users need to log in again as it log the user out:
Code:
if(is_null($user)){jimport('joomla.session.session');JSession::destroy();}

all kunena menu items have their default aliases, just the name changed to my language, help menu item changed to point to an external link so no alias there.

the problem happens pretty much every 2nd click in the forum, for example, I entered a category find, trying to go back to the index gives the index gives error.

My server is based on Windows Server 2008, PHP 5.x, don't know exact version, mySQL 5.x as well, kunena 1.7.2, Joomla 2.5.6

I really can't seem to find the problem, any help?

BTW, also have a problem using SEO link system in kunena, only works when off or set to use ID numbers in SEO URL, full SEO on causes either the index to reload or a 400 bad request error.

All settings are set according to the instructions I read on how to set SEO.

EDIT:
Just noticed another issue, strangely enough, if I login through the website login form and not the kunena one, the problem seems to go away but when I try to access latest topics or my topics menu items I get redirected back to index and the menu turn back to the way it should look for a non logged in user (without the latest topics, my topics, etc. tabs) but I remain logged in and can continue browse the forum.

also, the same menu items go away if I just browse on to a second page in the forum, for example: from the category I'm in to the index.

Don't know if the problems are related or not.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by vollach.

More
11 years 9 months ago #58 by vollach
it has been over 2 days and I'm still waiting for an answer, if someone want to see the problem for itself I can give you relevant links and instruction with a test user credentials to see the issues.

500 Internal errors are persistent, only way to avoid it is by logging in through the main login on the website and then instead of the 500 internal error, after browsing 2 pages in the forum, it shows as if the user is still connected bu behaves as the user is logged out and when trying to use the website login option it only brings the logout page.

I have been quite patient with waiting for an answer for over 2 days now, I need help.

And Just so you know, I have taken steps with the hosting provider to check on their end and see if they can help, they are still checking & I'm not ruling out a server end problem but I still want to try other things on my end.

More
11 years 9 months ago #59 by kj2010
@vollach: I feel with you and my visitors have to deal with this issue since months.
This thread here does not solve the problem and actually the Kunena devs/coders have (probably) no clue what this error causes.

I want to make it clear: I don't blame the devs for not finding a solution because I can imagine how hard they work on the new kunena version.
I also don't want to stress here because this is not my nature but I need to make it clear that this error costs me and my visitors not only nerves.
I lose a lot of traffic because of this. People will not come back to my site if they cannot visit the forum. I lose money because of this.

The only question I want to make here is: What does this error mean?
I think the devs should know it.

Call to a member function authorisedLevels()

I'm not a pro coder but it is obvious to me that it has something to do with "user authorization".
The problem is on my site ONLY for logged out users (visitors).
As soon as the user logs in (doesn't matter through which login form) the error does not appear anymore.
The problem in my case can be still "skipped" by hitting F5 (2-3 times) and then it does not happen anymore as long as the browser is not closed.
I have added the code. Without the code the error is permanently present.

I find it really strange that it happens only the first 2-3 visits and then not anymore.
Doesn't also matter which browser.
My team and I tested it now since months.

I deeply hope that someone can have (again) a look at this here because this is not really passable.
:blush:

More
11 years 9 months ago #60 by vollach
Actually, it seems as if the problem also occurred on kunena 2 for some people, on version 2 however, there seems to be a workaround for the issue but it doesn't work on kunena 1.7 series, I wish somebody could adjust that workaround for 1.7.x series.

Time to create page: 0.647 seconds