Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Resolved] Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #11 by mindriot
Hi, no probs, its possible it was a temporary fault or misconfiguration on your server. I think you may have partly misunderstood me, to clarify my system is fully enabled to use curl, it is a good thing to have, my error was simply just a wrong call to enable a windows dll in the apache configuration that broke a linux system. Curl was already functional before the error and remained so afterward.

Often hosts will correct a fault or problem without reporting it to end users, it really depends on the attitude and ethos of the company, and its possible the admins may not have been aware there was an issue that troubled end users. You should keep curl enabled.

As before I think you should make enquiries of your host, even though the problems seems rectified for now it is a good thing to have a better understanding of what happened for future issues.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mindriot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #12 by chris_z
I use Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.1 and I also got the 500 Internal Server Error and in my PHP error log had the associated error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

I found the error occurred after waking my computer from sleep. With the web browser still open to the Kunena "Recent Topics" page I went to reload the page and got the 500 error. I hypothesize this has something to do with trying to reload the page with the original session long expired. Loading a different web browser on my computer, the page loaded with no error.

In the file mentioned in the PHP error log (/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php) on line 55 it turned out $user was being set to null, which led to the error on line 57.

My solution was to put the following PHP code on line 56 to force the Joomla session to restart:
Code:
if(is_null($user)){jimport('joomla.session.session');JSession::destroy();}

The error ought to go away without this fix if you restart your web browser, or if you log out of and into Joomla again.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by chris_z.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #13 by kathrinmasik
I use Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.2 and I also got mistakes
1)500 Internal Server Error
some minutes late
2)Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.
some minutes late
3)Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

some minutes late site will work.

And than all this mistakes repeat again? :angry:

it's important? at the first work site with (www) www.volvo4me.ru/
and than without volvo4me.ru

What is it?

What is it?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by kathrinmasik.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #14 by Dazhelpwiz

chris_z wrote: I use Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.1 and I also got the 500 Internal Server Error and in my PHP error log had the associated error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

I found the error occurred after waking my computer from sleep. With the web browser still open to the Kunena "Recent Topics" page I went to reload the page and got the 500 error. I hypothesize this has something to do with trying to reload the page with the original session long expired. Loading a different web browser on my computer, the page loaded with no error.

In the file mentioned in the PHP error log (/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php) on line 55 it turned out $user was being set to null, which led to the error on line 57.

My solution was to put the following PHP code on line 56 to force the Joomla session to restart:

Code:

The error ought to go away without this fix if you restart your web browser, or if you log out of and into Joomla again.

This. Seems to happen occasionally if the session corrupts to some degree. I also think ACL controlled forum sections are partly responsible.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15 by virulent

chris_z wrote: I use Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 2.5.1 and I also got the 500 Internal Server Error and in my PHP error log had the associated error:

Code:

Thank you ! I had that error today for the first time, I added your code on line 56 and everything is back in order ! :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16 by weaklinks
Thank you I had the same problem .

Firefox never had this issue before - was still working when this error happend.
Installed Google chrome walked away for a few house and come back and I was getting that same error .
Thanks for the temp fix.

More
11 years 11 months ago #17 by giveortake
Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue and the fix doesn't work, after server reboot/browser cleaning/test on a new computer etc.

Apache's error_log is full of:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in
[path to website's folder]/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 56

Followed by:
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /[path to website's folder]/public_html/libraries/joomla/factory.php on line 223

it goes like this ad nauseum.

Here is my config:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : tribune | author: JoomlaXTC | version: 1.1.2 | creationdate: 2012-04-10

Kunena default template details : Tribune Times | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Let me know if you have a fix for this issue as this dev platform goes live next week with over 7k users.

Thank you

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #18 by sozzled
G'day, giveortake, and welcome to Kunena.

giveortake wrote: I am experiencing the same issue and the fix doesn't work ...

Which "fix" was that?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #19 by giveortake
Hello,

From the previous post I followed:

"My solution was to put the following PHP code on line 56 to force the Joomla session to restart:
if(is_null($user)){jimport('joomla.session.session');JSession::destroy();}"

It gives:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in [path to website's folder]/libraries/joomla/factory.php on line 224

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined property: KunenaAccessJoomla16::$_state in [path to website's folder]/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 559

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in [path to website's folder]/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 576

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in [path to website's folder]/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

Thank you

btw just noticed I posted in the "Archive" I hope it's ok :whistle:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by giveortake.

More
11 years 11 months ago #20 by giveortake
The error lines also appear for a logged in user (registered or admin) after purging joomla's sessions table.I am lost, I really don't know how to fix this issue. :blink:

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds