Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Resolved] Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

More
11 years 10 months ago #41 by kj2010
Oh, I see! Only on the forum main page (index). I never saw this before and I already enabled the debug mode several times. I always missed this info.
I will check/compare the basic menu structure now. It seems there are direct links used instead of the forum categories.
If this is the case then I will change this and report here my result.
Thanks for helping out so far. Much appreciated!

Regards,
M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #42 by kj2010

sozzled wrote: Your menu has a problem. You have another error message on your forum page. Do you see it now?

"Please check your Joomla menus. Default Menu Item in Entry Page Is not pointing to Kunena."

As I have been trying to tell you, your customized menu is the cause of your problems. You need to fix your customized menu.

Ok, this has been fixed now. The red Warning alert is gone.
There was a wrong "Default Menu Item *" assigned to the Entry page.
This is ok now but the "Fatal Error: Call to a member..." still occurs.

btw, to let you know:
I have added the line:
Code:
if(is_null($user)){jimport('joomla.session.session');JSession::destroy();}
to the access.php and use it because it helps to continue surfing after hitting F5.
When I have this line not added then F5 or any other action does not help.
So, this line helps to "Improve" the situation a bit but does not solve it.

I have really no clue what the problem here should be with my menu.
There are no problems with my menu and it is also not customized.
The error says "...detected in the Kunena Component" in /com_kunena/libraries/... Line 57

I'm totally clueless here. :-/

More
11 years 10 months ago #43 by sozzled
I have asked for help from my colleagues.

I do not know how the conditions arise that cause the Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

As far as I know, this issue was resolved a long time ago. I do not know why the problems persist in your case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kj2010

More
11 years 10 months ago #44 by kj2010
Thanks for forwarding this to your colleagues. I deeply hope someone has an idea because the Kunena forum plays a huge role on our site and it is important that its visible for guests without issues. Kunena was the last 4-5 years so nice to me and I won't (cannot) use any other forum component.

If you guys need more information from me or my system please let me know and I'll be here for you asap.

More
11 years 10 months ago #45 by rich
I think you have chaos with the menus.
Which menu type is the link "recent-topics" in flash menu?
You cannot Kunena menus use in flash menu. Does not work. It must be the type "alias"!
Please try "How do I restore my Kunena menu?"
Then create extra the links (menu type = alias)" for the Flashmenü.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kj2010

More
11 years 10 months ago #46 by kj2010
Hello rich, thank you very much for your advices and sorry for the late reply. I needed to test a lot before I post.

Ok, I restored my menu.

Some menu items in my menu were indeed no item aliases.
I have removed completely ALL forum related menu items and trashed the trash.
I needed to do this several times because there were still some forum related links left.
Finally it worked out.
I removed also the Kunena Menu.
Then I created a new kunena menu (it was added with all 10 menu items).
I added 4 new links to my top menu (Forum >>> Forum Search, Forum Rules, Recent Topics).
All are item aliases from the kunena menu. I left the aliases fields empty.
I have also now a clean new forum menu.

The "Fatal error: Call to a member function..." Error still appears when you click on Forum or one of the other 3 links. F5 helps to continue.

I have read here , here and here which are all helpful threads and which I followed but finally the error is still present. :-/

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #47 by sozzled
As we know, this problem was started and resolved (!) a couple of months ago but this topic was resurrected to deal with one case where (as far as we know) the recommended solution has not worked. Let's review the situation.

In this case these are the relevant Joomla settings that need to be reviewed:
  • Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime = 7200
Our suggestion is to turn off server caching and make Global Configuration session lifefime (in minutes) the same as Kunena session lifetime (in seconds). If Kunena session lifetime is 7200 seconds, make Global sessions lifetime = 120 minutes.

Top-level menu items (in this case, the menu that contains the item labelled "Forum Interact!") should be of the type alias menu. Here is a screen shot that shows you what you should have:

If, after using the above recommendations, you still have the problem, examine the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php at around line 57. The original code appears below:
Code:
function loadAllowedCategories($user) { $user = JFactory::getUser($user);
One suggestion to resolve the problem that people were having - and it's not one that I've tested or tried myself - is to make the following change:
Code:
function loadAllowedCategories($user) { if(is_null($user)){jimport('joomla.session.session');JSession::destroy();} $user = JFactory::getUser($user);
I'm running out of suggestions.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #48 by rich

I left the aliases fields empty.

I left the aliases fields empty. That's not correctly. Joomla these automatically created with the same name. Now you have several menu items with the same alias name.

I have tested your page with Opera, Chromium and Firefox now. The error message is (if you insert ../forum/recent directly in the address bar):

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/kjsoc/public_html/plugins/system/plg_ko_whosthere/plg_ko_whosthere.php on line 174

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/kjsoc/public_html/plugins/system/plg_ko_whosthere/plg_ko_whosthere.php on line 178

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/kjsoc/public_html/plugins/system/plg_ko_whosthere/plg_ko_whosthere.php on line 202

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/kjsoc/public_html/modules/mod_bt_login/mod_bt_login.php on line 130

I don't know what these error messages mean, unfortunately.

More
11 years 10 months ago #49 by sozzled
Nice catch, rich.

One of the error messages indicates the presence of the BT Login module (which I've never heard of) but, like you, I don't know what caused the specific error message either.

The other messages indicate the presence of the Ko! Who's There plugin. I've never heard of this either, but I don't know what has caused both Ko! Who's There and BT Login to throw these "undefined index" messages.

Little by little, we're beginning to identify the ingredients in the software soup that exists at this site and that, for some mystifying reason, causes a problem that seems to have eluded everyone. :S

More
11 years 10 months ago #50 by kj2010

rich wrote:

I left the aliases fields empty.

I left the aliases fields empty. That's not correctly. Joomla these automatically created with the same name. Now you have several menu items with the same alias name.

I gave these 4 menu links aliases now. Nothing changed.

These errors are new to me but I can confirm.

The BT Login is the button on the top right corner and the Ko! Who's There is a visitor tracker/monitor plugin from monjoomla.com.
Both errors appear only on Kunena pages. It seems the forum collides here with these plugins.

The Login and the Ko! plugins are working fine on my entire site.
Interesting is that these messages appear only when you hit the url in the browser.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds