Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Resolved] Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

More
11 years 10 months ago #31 by kj2010
Hello,
I have still this error and sadly I'm not able to get it away.
I use Joomla 2.5.4
Jomsocial 2.6.1
K 1.7.2
Site Cache is disabled

The provided solution from chris_z does not help in my case.

I noticed that the error does not happen when i disable the "Kunena Latest" module.
It is like freeme said in this german thread:
www.kunena.org/forum/36-German/117398-Fe...g-auf-PHP-5-3#119510
The error is related to the Kunena Latest module.
I tried it with the older 1.7.1 and now with the newer 1.7.2 module version.
We tested it now several weeks with 7 team members and the error appears only for first time visitors (or when you clean your browser cache, then the error appears on all pages where the Kunena Latest module is).
It doesn't matter where the module is or which version I use.
I also tried it out with the modified "zKunenaLatest".
You can check it on this page:
www.ptcsociety.com/news/about-us
The error happens only on this page where this module is. On other pages not.

On all other Kunena Forum pages i get the blue "500 Internal Server Error - Fatal Error was detected!" page.
Also only for 1st time visitors and not for logged in users.
Kunena and Joomla session time are the same.
Not sure if both bugs are in any way connected but I wanted to mention this.

Refreshing the page (F5) helps in both cases to continue surfing on my site.

I hope someone here has any idea to solve this "Fatal Error... ...access.php" and the "Internal Error 500" issue.
You can trust me that I already read all corresponding threads from the last 2 years about these issues but nothing helped in my cases.

Lastly you can check our investigations in our own forum.
Maybe this helps a bit to elaborate these problems.

Fatal Error... ...access.php
www.ptcsociety.com/component/kunena/56-b...emid=0&start=10#3417

Internal Error 500
www.ptcsociety.com/component/kunena/56-b...-as-a-guest?Itemid=0

Regards,
Martin

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: February 2012

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.2 | Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #32 by sozzled
The only thing that I'm interested in seeing is the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

I did not get the error using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.

zKunenaLatest was not developed by the Kunena team and it is not endorsed by the Kunena project. If zKunenaLatest is what is causing the problem then, I'm sorry, but you will have to talk to the person who wrote it.

Anyway, it makes no sense to me to be running a module that shows the "latest posts" on the same page where you run your forum. The "latest posts" module looks better on other pages of your site as a way to attract visitors to go to the forum. That's just my personal opinion of course.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #33 by kj2010
Hello sozzled,
thanks for your reply.

sozzled wrote: The only thing that I'm interested in seeing is the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
I did not get the error using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.

I wasn't sure if it is important related to this issue.
You can reproduce the Error 500 on my site when you:
- Close your browser and visit www.ptcsociety.com
- Click on the Forum tab from the top menu.
The error appears on all latest browsers: I recently tested it with FF 12.

sozzled wrote: zKunenaLatest was not developed by the Kunena team and it is not endorsed by the Kunena project. If zKunenaLatest is what is causing the problem then, I'm sorry, but you will have to talk to the person who wrote it.

Not only. It is also related to the original Kunena Latest module.
Like i said...

kj2010 wrote: The error is related to the Kunena Latest module.
I tried it with the older 1.7.1 and now with the newer 1.7.2 module version.
It doesn't matter where the module is or which version I use.
I also tried it out with the modified "zKunenaLatest".

I have actually only the zKunenaLatest enabled. If you want I can activate the original Kunena Latest.
It is the same.

sozzled wrote: Anyway, it makes no sense to me to be running a module that shows the "latest posts" on the same page where you run your forum. The "latest posts" module looks better on other pages of your site as a way to attract visitors to go to the forum. That's just my personal opinion of course.

Generally the Kunena Latest module is on my entire website (actually not) and it is a very important one to attract members to our forum.
You might be right that it makes no sense to put on a forum page, this is not the case here and this is not what I'm doing here. Nevertheless the module should work on the same page.

To let you know:
The "Error 500" and the "Fatal Error" are not really related to each other..
The "Fatal Error" does not happen as soon as I disable the Kunena Latest module.
The "Error 500" still happens regardless of this module.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kj2010.

More
11 years 10 months ago #34 by sozzled

kj2010 wrote: You can reproduce the Error 500 on my site when you:
- Close your browser and visit www.ptcsociety.com
- Click on the Forum tab from the top menu.
The error appears on all latest browsers: I recently tested it with FF 12.

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to be funny, but how do I visit www.ptcsociety.com when my browser is closed? How do I click on the Forum tab from the top menu when my browser is closed? Makes no sense to me.

I still cannot reproduce a the HTTP 500 internal server error. Sorry.

The more serious error, in my opinion, is the HTTP 500 internal server error. If there is no HTTP 500 internal server error, then we can move on to the "Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57" error. One step at a time, please.

Can you show me exactly what steps I need to follow in order to get the HTTP 500 internal server error, please?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #35 by kj2010
I'm sorry sozzled. I thought it was clear to you that you should reopen your browser again to surf a website. ;)

To close the browser before you visit my site is necessary to reproduce it.
Ok, a bit slower:

1.) Close your browser (all windows/tabs).
(you can also use a different browser if you don't want to close your actual one)

2.) Open the browser and enter " www.ptcsociety.com "

3.) Click on "Forum" (Interact!)

The error 500 should appear (the blue window)

Sure, let's try to elaborate the Error 500 first if necessary.
I'm very happy about every assistance regarding this issue because I totally stuck here.

More
11 years 10 months ago #36 by sozzled
I was clicking the menu item Forum, not the different menu item Interact!

Seems to me that you have a problem with the way you've defined the menu item Interact!.

I think that the entire problem surrounding this mystery is the way that you've highly customised your Joomla menu. Did you read the article Customised menus ?

Yes, I was easily able to generate the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error but I have no idea what's causing the error. You need to enable Joomla Debug mode to find out more about the error and what's causing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kj2010

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #37 by kj2010

sozzled wrote: I was clicking the menu item Forum, not the different menu item Interact!

Seems to me that you have a problem with the way you've defined the menu item Interact!.

I think that the entire problem surrounding this mystery is the way that you've highly customised your Joomla menu. Did you read the article Customised menus ?

Yes, I was easily able to generate the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error but I have no idea what's causing the error. You need to enable Joomla Debug mode to find out more about the error and what's causing it.

Ok, thanks for testing and for confirmation.
I'm not sure what you mean with "different menu item interact!" That's only the subtitle of the menu item "Forum".
However it seems you clicked the correct button.
This happens also to visitors who visit forum threads directly through google.
This happens to all "1st time visitors" only.
If you visit the forum a 2nd time the error 500 does not appear anymore.
Only next time when you closed your browser.
This does also not happen for logged in member. Only for guests.
A simple F5 helps to continue browsing on forum.

I will have a look at this article again, thanks for mentioning.

Well, like I said: This Error 500 is not related to the "Internal Error ... ... access.php"
I read here in this thread 2 solutions but this does not help.
I do not understand what line 57 wants to tell me.
Hopefully you or anyone else have a slight feeling what this might cause.
Like I said: As soon as I disable the "Kunena Latest" the error is gone but I would love to use the module. It is essential for the information flow of our forum.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #38 by sozzled

kj2010 wrote: I'm not sure what you mean with "different menu item interact!" That's only the subtitle of the menu item "Forum".

I have been clicking the text "Forum" and not once, never, did I get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. When I clicked the test "Interact!" (and got the error) this makes me think that there are two menu items there. :unsure:

It's a complicated Joomla menu you have and I'm struggling to understand how it works. I haven't seen a menu like that before.

What's the full error message when you enable Kunena (or Joomla) debug mode? Let's forget about line 57 unless it's related to the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I want to know what's causing that error (unless the topic subject and the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error are one and the same thing). This is confusing enough as it is.

Please, if there are two problems, tell me there are two problems. If there's only one problem then tell me there is only one problem. If there are two problems I want to keep the two problems separate otherwise we won't be able to help you with either of them. Thanks. :)
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #39 by kj2010

sozzled wrote:

kj2010 wrote: I'm not sure what you mean with "different menu item interact!" That's only the subtitle of the menu item "Forum".

I have been clicking the text "Forum" and not once, never, did I get the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. When I clicked the test "Interact!" (and got the error) this makes me think that there are two menu items there. :unsure:

It's a complicated Joomla menu you have and I'm struggling to understand how it works. I haven't seen a menu like that before.

What's the full error message when you enable Kunena (or Joomla) debug mode? Let's forget about line 57 unless it's related to the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. I want to know what's causing that error (unless the topic subject and the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error are one and the same thing). This is confusing enough as it is.

Please, if there are two problems, tell me there are two problems. If there's only one problem then tell me there is only one problem. If there are two problems I want to keep the two problems separate otherwise we won't be able to help you with either of them. Thanks. :)

A complicated menu? Interesting. That's a normal and untouched joomlart T3 template. One of the widely used templates for Joomla.
To understand the navigation you can check here:
wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Navigation
But there is nothing special. You can nest/group items and add subtitles to them. You can also insert any module to the menu like to other joomla menues. Generally nothing special here.

Well, I enabled the Kunena Debug mode and this is the page which shows up when visiting the forum link like we both did (through the "Forum Interact!" button, which is one menu item).

So, it seems both issues are related to each other, right?
I never wanted to discuss here in this thread about the "Error500" because I wasn't sure if both are related.
[strike]Yes, there are 2 problems[/strike] It seems there is only 1 problem. Please move/split the thread here if necessary.
There is nothing more I don't like to have offtopic/unrelated content.
Sorry for this.
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #40 by sozzled
Your menu has a problem. You have another error message on your forum page. Do you see it now?

"Please check your Joomla menus. Default Menu Item in Entry Page Is not pointing to Kunena."

As I have been trying to tell you, your customized menu is the cause of your problems. You need to fix your customized menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kj2010

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds