Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Resolved] Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

More
11 years 11 months ago #21 by BLaCKie_MoRGaN
I followed the thread and i get the same access.php line 57 error and the fix does not help me.

In addition logging in to the backend responds with

You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #22 by sozzled

giveortake wrote: BTW I just noticed I posted in the "Archive" I hope it's OK :whistle:

This issue has been a tricky one to identify what's caused the problem for a handful of people, or so it appears, and I don't know if it's a good suggestion or a workable fix to hack the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php. The reason I don't know is because this issue has only been reported by a handful of people and it either fixed itself (and that doesn't help the developers, does it) or it's really difficult to reproduce the problem. Further, I don't subscribe to hacking unless only as an absolute last resort.

Let's revisit the originally-stated cause of the problem and see if these conditions apply to you:

chris_z wrote:

I found the error occurred after waking my computer from sleep. With the web browser still open to the Kunena "Recent Topics" page I went to reload the page and got the 500 error. I hypothesize this has something to do with trying to reload the page with the original session long expired. Loading a different web browser on my computer, the page loaded with no error.

So let's look at the issues here:

(1) The problem occurs intermittently.

(2) The problem seems to be time-related. This leads us to suspect that the problem is session-related. Assuming a "standard" Joomla setup, this is my standard response in these cases:

sozzled wrote:

What are your settings for

• Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
Turn off server caching and make Global Configuration session lifefime (in minutes) the same as Kunena session lifetime (in seconds). If Kunena session lifetime is 1800 seconds, make Global sessions lifetime = 30 minutes.

In your case, giveortake, you have Kunena session lifetime is 9600 seconds. This may explain why you're having this issue.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #23 by sozzled

BLaCKie_MoRGaN wrote: In addition logging in to the backend responds with

You do not have access to the administrator section of this site.

That's much more important but is has nothing to do with Kunena. Logging into your backend is a Joomla matter. Please refer your problem to the Joomla support forum for more advice.

More
11 years 11 months ago #24 by giveortake
Thank you for getting back to me, yes this issue seems to be a tricky one, I extensively searched online and could not find any other "fix".Not a big fan of hacking core kunena's files either, but
it seemed to fit with the error message.

sozzled wrote: Let's revisit the originally-stated cause of the problem and see if these conditions apply to you:

(1) The problem occurs intermittently.

(2) The problem seems to be time-related. This leads us to suspect that the problem is session-related. Assuming a "standard" Joomla setup, this is my standard response in these cases:

I think that is where my troubles differ: I get the error messages in my logs every single time the forum page is browsed (by guest, user or admin), from clean browser (tested several) or not, even after rebooting the webserver, it looks like the session is not "seen" by kunena at all.I don't have any hack on joomla (from a clean install not an upgrade), and the session handler is joomla's default (database).

sozzled wrote:

What are your settings for

• Global Configuration » Server » Cache Settings » Cache
  • Global Configuration » Server » Session Settings » Session Lifetime
  • Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
Turn off server caching and make Global Configuration session lifefime (in minutes) the same as Kunena session lifetime (in seconds). If Kunena session lifetime is 1800 seconds, make Global sessions lifetime = 30 minutes.

In your case, giveortake, you have Kunena session lifetime is 9600 seconds. This may explain why you're having this issue.

I corrected the lifetime to match joomla, thank you for noticing this one. :blush:

I have encountered the errors using a variety of options:

-using APC
-using "file"
-using "xcache"

And also without cache and the system cache plugin disabled.

Following your advice I just disabled all cache again and matched the session time (30 min in joomla 1800 in Kunena), rebooted the server for good measure, fully cleaned my browser cache and displaying the forum page bring up the same errors in the log:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ***/libraries/joomla/factory.php on line 224
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Undefined property: KunenaAccessJoomla16::$_state in ***/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 559
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in ***/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 576
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in ***/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57

It must be something else, I am lost.I can PM you the server's details if you need, I am completely stuck.Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you again.

More
11 years 11 months ago #25 by sozzled
Did you also revert the hack? I suggest you re-install Kunena 1.7.2 (you won't lose any data) just to be doubly sure and, if necessary, restore the Kunena Forum Configuration back to its original default values.

APC - yes, we have problems with that one, too; requires a thorough understanding of caching to get APC to work properly and I leave those kinds of things to the experts. I just use straight, out-of-the-box, vanilla-flavoured Joomla (and the same for Kunena) and I turn off caching altogether. I hate to sound boastful but I rarely ever have a problem.

More
11 years 11 months ago #26 by giveortake
Thank you for your reply,

I agree APC was not playing nicely with joomla hence the switch to Xcache that really speeds things up (needed for my site with over 7k users), I have also tested without xcache (removed from php.ini AND joomla) after a reboot and had the same errors)

yes I have removed the hack and I still get the errors.
I uninstalled kunena+modules completely and reinstalled a fresh one with
Sample Data, so far so good no errors while browsing...I can't figure out why but hey, as long as it works ;)

Will work on importing my phpbb3 forum this afternoon and report back. fingers crossed.

More
11 years 11 months ago #27 by giveortake
All sorted, the forum import worked and the errors are gone.
I will never find out what was wrong, my advice for the users
who have this issue: a clean re-install works.

Thank you again for your help. ;)

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #28 by pondball
Replied by pondball on topic My forum just disappeared!
Yesterday all was good with my website... I had not added anything new in last 24 hours... this morning I went online and the everything was good until I tried to get into my Kunena based forum... and I got this message...

500 Internal Server Error

a search here lead me to enable the debugging tool which gave me this message

Fatal Error was detected!
Fatal Error: Call to a member function authorisedLevels() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 57
The error was detected in the Kunena Component.
For support click here: Kunena Support

so here I am... what do I do next?
my website is here
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by pondball.

More
11 years 10 months ago #29 by Jiminimonka
Please post your configuration report (just copy and paste the un-edited information from the Kunena admin page).

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds