Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged "Automatically" subscribe all members to be notified of any new messages

More
13 years 10 months ago #31 by sozzled
I have some good news for you, Colin. The feature you (and others) have requested is in the pipeline for K 1.6: "auto-subscribe to all topics in a category" feature.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 10 months ago #32 by cbrace
This is indeed very good news Sozzled. Thanks for the heads-up.

I just realized a temporary workaround: for a given category, one could have a sticky message thread called something like "Alerts", which users could subscribe to. Then, when someone posts a new topic for which they want quick replies, they could post a link to it in the Alert thread.

Obviously the auto-subscribe feature would be much more elegant.
More
13 years 10 months ago #33 by Matias
Actually there are two features close to your problem, one is subscribe to category and another one, which can be used to send emails from every message to all users.
More
13 years 10 months ago #34 by radicalassistant
We have members on our Kunena forum that want to be advised anytime someone posts a new thread or updates a thread, even if they themselves have not participated in the creation of the thread. How can I add email addresses to a blanket subscription so that anytime there is forum activity, these users can be notified?

As the super administrator, how do I turn on this option so I can be notified of all forum activity as well?

Thanks!
More
13 years 10 months ago #35 by sozzled
G'day, radicalassistant and welcome to Kunena

I don't have an answer for your question but I have merged your topic with a much larger (and continually growing) one that deals with the same subject. Perhaps there are one or two suggestions here that might help ... ? :)
More
13 years 10 months ago #36 by Matias
Kunena 1.6 provides this feature (user can subscribe to any category he wants to and receives notification from all topics/posts).
More
13 years 10 months ago #37 by cbrace
Yes, I've seen that; I installed 1.6 on my desktop box to play with. HOORAAY! Thanks for listening :) Can't wait until 1.6 reaches late beta...
More
13 years 10 months ago #38 by mrdann
More
13 years 10 months ago #39 by sozzled
Further on this general topic of notification by e-mail of new messages, I noticed that there is a new plugin that has recently been added to the JED called MailAlert extensions for Kunena .

I don't know anything more about this new product apart from what I have read at the JED and the developer's website, but it might be interesting if anyone has tried this product and their experience with it. If you're looking for a summary/digest of what's happened at your forum over, say, the past day/week/month then this product might have some value to you. I can't say because I haven't tried it.
  • goinggreensa
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #40 by goinggreensa
Hi there,

We are new to this, but we suspect another solution for people who want to offer their users subscriptions to all new topics that might work is to use the email subscriptions feature of through Feedburner. Just burn the main forum feed, enable email subscriptions for the feed and then put an appropriate subscription module onto the forum page.

Thank you for the great work!
Time to create page: 0.657 seconds