Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged "Will it be possible ... ?" - A collection of all kinds of questions about Kunena 2.0

More
12 years 7 months ago #21 by NicholasJohn16
I remember hearing about this feature a few months ago when I watched the J and Beyond presentation about Kunena 2.0. I think it's pretty amazing and I have a project in mind for it.

Is there anymore information or documentation available on the subject? I'd like to learn more about it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #22 by dimonju
Replied by dimonju on topic K1.5 to K2.0
Hi, as the title suggests, we have a site that is still with J1.5.x and K1.5.x.

We are planning the move of Joomla 1.5.x to 2.x early next year when it is released, since this is a migration and not an update.

With regards to Kunena, I know that to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7 it is a simple upgrade, however since our templates will not work, do you suggest to wait to upgrade to Kunena 2.0?

And to go to Kunena 2.0 will it have to be a migration or a simple upgrade?

Your answers will greatly help in planning ahead.

Thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago #23 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: K1.5 to K2.0
Hello,

Kunena 2.0 isn't released yet, but Kunena 2.0 will have a simple upgrade process like for Kunena 1.7.0. The templates created for Kunena 1.6/1.7 will not work completly under Kunena 2.0, but i'am not sure if there will have a compatibility thing for support templates created for Kunena 1.6/1.7 under Kunena 2.0.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #24 by Matias
It's actually pretty basic stuff, you just display view and give it parameters in array that would otherwise come from the user.

This displays latest topics:
Code:
KunenaForum::display('topics', 'default', null, $params);

More
12 years 6 months ago #25 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: K1.5 to K2.0
Kunena 2.0 will migrate data from any existing Kunena of FireBoard version. It also runs in J1.5, so you should probably upgrade first Kunena and after that migrate to Joomla 2.5.

More
12 years 1 month ago #26 by BoonDockSaint
Hi guys

Will it be possible to migrate from 1.7.x to 2.0?

Best regards

More
12 years 1 month ago #27 by xillibit
Hello,

It will be possible to migrate from Kunena 1.7, 1.6, 1.5... to Kunena 2.0

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 month ago #28 by BoonDockSaint

xillibit wrote: Hello,

It will be possible to migrate from Kunena 1.7, 1.6, 1.5... to Kunena 2.0

Thx

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #29 by csbratton
Can someone please direct me to where I apply to participate in the 2.0 test and development?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #30 by csbratton
As an other side note, I think I found a bug, this is the first time I've used the forum, but it says "Last Visit Date: 29 Nov 1999"
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds