Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged "Will it be possible ... ?" - A collection of all kinds of questions about Kunena 2.0

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #11 by Bob Britt
Don't be so quick to jump on the .0 bandwagon. I like a website that works with tried and proven software, let you more adventurous types work the kinks out. Just be sure y'all document everything that blows up so I know what to do when I install .2 or .3... :woohoo:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Bob Britt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Kunena 2.0 Release Date
Regarding to J1.6 vs J1.7 discussion:

Kunena 2.0 will officially support Joomla 1.5 and 1.7, but there shouldn't be anything that prevents it from using in J1.6.3. We are now moving our test efforts to Joomla 1.7..

So you're right: there's no point of offering guaranteed support into a product that is in end of its life. We will only guarantee that Kunena works with the latest stable versions (at the time when Kunena was released). For example Kunena 1.6.4 will not work in Joomla 1.7 because of a bug in our Joomla version detection.

So both Kunena 1.6.5 and 2.0.0 will be guaranteed to work in Joomla 1.5.23+ and 1.7.0+. They will likely work also in older Joomla releases, but we haven't tested that. They will also likely work in later versions of Joomla, but we cannot know it in advance either.

Our main interest is to support long term versions of Joomla. So we will be supporting Joomla 1.5 until it dies and we will do the same for Joomla 1.8. But after Joomla 1.8 releases, we probably have 2 versions: K2.0 for J1.5 - 1.7 and new release for J1.8, which drops Joomla 1.5 support. This is because of we would like to start using the new features everywhere and not do the same task for 2 times. Another reason is that we are using some deprecated features to save our time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: etkritikonspoudon

More
12 years 9 months ago #13 by woonydanny
So will K2.0 be able to fully utilise J1.6 ACL?

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 9 months ago #14 by fxstein

peetree21 wrote: So will K2.0 be able to fully utilise J1.6 ACL?

Yes.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #15 by nareshv
Replied by nareshv on topic include tag in tinymice
Hi every one..,

may i know how to include tag button in kunena editor and i want to create tag in the kunena forum

thanks

regards
naresh v
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Deleted - duplicated posting

More
12 years 7 months ago #16 by nareshv
Replied by nareshv on topic include tag in tinymice
Hi every one..,

may i know the releasing date of kunena 2.0 and which supports tagging..

thanks

regards
naresh v

More
12 years 7 months ago #17 by nareshv
Replied by nareshv on topic kunena 2.0
Dear All,

May i know when the kunena 2.0 release date or any expectation date and what are additional functionalaties it have.Thanks

Regards

Naresh v

More
12 years 7 months ago #18 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: kunena 2.0
Hello,

Kunena hasn't a release date for now, the functionnalities are described here : docs.kunena.org/index.php?title=Kunena:About&redirect=no

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nareshv

More
12 years 7 months ago #19 by Franzltoth
Replied by Franzltoth on topic Re: kunena 2.0
After releasing new version does all forums will change in the new version?
The following user(s) said Thank You: nareshv

More
12 years 7 months ago #20 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: kunena 2.0
What do you mean by "all forums will change in the new version" ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds