Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged "Will it be possible ... ?" - A collection of all kinds of questions about Kunena 2.0

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #41 by lagen
Replied by lagen on topic Kunena 2.0 question
You know anything about this?

lagen wrote:
will the permalink in Kunena 2.0 be the same as in Kunena 1.7?

Will the user access handler to the forum be the same as in Kunena 1.7?

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by lagen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #42 by strates
Replied by strates on topic Kunena 2.0 translations
Will it be possible to reuse translations made for 1.7 for the 2.0 version?

More
11 years 11 months ago #43 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Kunena 2.0 question
If you're using SEF links, they are most likely the same. Even if they aren't, Kunena should know how to redirect from old URLs into the new ones.

More
11 years 11 months ago #44 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Kunena 2.0 translations
In most parts yes. There are still a lot of changes, but having existing translation will reduce the amount of the work considerably.

More
11 years 11 months ago #45 by Randal
How many betas we will see before stable?
How long in time? I know this planned time period is changing constantly.
But what's current state?

More
11 years 11 months ago #46 by 810
there are 28 open issues. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues?labe...ug&page=1&state=open

we are planning 2 a 3 beta's then rc build. Next beta will be released at JAB.

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, Randal

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #47 by Matias
Actually I'm going to release the next beta way before JAB (next week), because of it allows us to get translations into Transifex and working CB integration (I hope). :)

We do not get every bug fixed before going to stable and Kunena 2.0 seems to be pretty solid already. But we do need to get translations started, template ready and integrations working before that. So there is still work ahead.

IMHO: Most new features can be enabled after going to stable, which will give us earlier release.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Matias.

More
11 years 11 months ago #48 by onki
Hi

I have installed beta 1 on my test server to play around with it.
One of the missing things in K1.7 is the individual public writing to allow one category for all but the others only for restricted use.
I can only find the global write access feature in the configuration.

Is there no individual write configuration possible (for each category) with the core version 2 (without any 3rd party extensions)?

Best regards

Onki

More
11 years 11 months ago #49 by sozzled

onki wrote: Is there no individual write configuration possible (for each category) with the core version 2 (without any 3rd party extensions)?

As far as I know, the answer is no. A list of the main differences between K 1.7.2 and K 2.0.0 is here: What has changed in Kunena 2.0

You should also look at Kunena Features

More
11 years 10 months ago #50 by Matias
Our beta2 release was delayed and we decided to release RC1 instead, which will be out ASAP we can get few regressions fixed. I'm still recovering from JAB, so it might take a day or two.

Write access is something we all want to have (post + reply rights at minimum), but I've not fully decided which is the best way, as current ACL implementation (or how it's presented to the users) in Joomla isn't optimal for our uses. We need the feature ourselves, so it's likely to be fixed soon, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds