Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] Video in Kunena

More
12 years 2 months ago #41 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

There are security issues involving the technique as you have described. Those issues are discussed in this topic. I hope some of the posts here will explain things for you and suggest other ways that you can post videos in Kunena.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #42 by fstltna
I switched to AllVideosReloaded and it's mp4 plugin works fine in kunena...

More
12 years 2 months ago #43 by denully
Hello

I have tried to post a video on my forum, both in AVI format and WMV format and non of them will show the video, its like the code doesnt work at all.

thats how it looks, youtube video's work and i have tried with type=mediaplayer and realplayer and such as well, but that doesnt change a thing....
what in the world am i missing here or how do i get it to play avi and wmv files ?
or do you have any suggestions for a addon/module/plugin ?

I have tried the plugin called allvideo for joomla, but that didnt do anything in kunena

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 25M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : n3xt_v4 | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #44 by sozzled
*** Topics merged by moderator ***

Please see the earlier posts in this topic.

More
12 years 2 months ago #45 by denully
Thank you sozzled
I had read all these replies, just didnt think of posting mine in here to :) but thanks for the merge.

how ever non of the above replies, informs me how to make Kunena show a AVI file, only Mp4 and FLV files, which i am not using.
I have tried allvideos like i write, so that didnt help either and the other joomla plugin only goes to 1.7 and doesnt support AVI files either.

If Kunena simply cant play files like this, please just let me know so i can find a system that can.

More
12 years 2 months ago #46 by Jiminimonka
If you use Allvideo tags in Kunena it works. I have it running on my website with no configuration at all.

e.g.
Code:
{youtube}m3PYpx2sOSQ|600|400|1{/youtube}

Have you got Joomla Content Plugin Support set to Yes, in Configuration > Frontend?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denully

More
12 years 2 months ago #47 by denully

Jiminimonka wrote: If you use Allvideo tags in Kunena it works. I have it running on my website with no configuration at all.

e.g.

Code:
{youtube}m3PYpx2sOSQ|600|400|1{/youtube}

Have you got Joomla Content Plugin Support set to Yes, in Configuration > Frontend?

AH thank you very much :) had totally missed that little option :)
that solved it all.

More
12 years 1 month ago #48 by mcmoody
I'd like the same functionality... any workarounds?

Martha

More
12 years 1 month ago #49 by Jiminimonka
You can use AllVideos in Kunena, without the need to upload them.

There is no demand for a video upload feature in Kunena, most people don't have terrabytes of storage on their servers to handle large quantities of videos, whereas places like youtube, vimeo etc. have pretty much unlimited storage for free.

If you are already using JomSocial and have set it up so you can upload lots of videos, you don't need that added to Kunena as well really do you.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 1 month ago #50 by Jiminimonka

PIC wrote: Please help, this is not acceptable, most forums can upload videos.

Which forums are they then?

Please read the FAQ.

Time to create page: 0.861 seconds