Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question [Merged topic] Video in Kunena

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

I was attempting to embed a Tony Robbins video into a forum post in K1.5.12 and noticed that it only seemed to work when the video link was from a recognized provider like youtube. When I entered a link from Tony's own website, Kunena didn't recognize it. Has this changed in K1.6? All comments appreciated. I'd like to be able to post videos from different sources.

Sincerely,
Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Video in K1.6
This seems to be correct. Looks like there's a defect.

I tried to insert this test video:

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by freedomcoach
Replied by freedomcoach on topic Re: Video in K1.6
Hi Sozzled:

Will you be giving this to the developers to look at and fix? That would be very cool.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
The development team is very much aware of the issue but I don't have any further update for you at this time, sorry.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
Thanks anyway. Hopefully, it will be addressed in 1.6.1

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re: Video in K1.6
Is there any video format that will work served off of our own server or are all video formats served locally currently broken?

And, I'm sure the unanswerable question...any estimate on the timeframe for 1.6.1? :) We've got some videos we're looking to provide for our members very soon and didn't know if I should look for some other way to provide them.

Thanks!

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
The forum at www.kunena.com uses K 1.6.1. As you can see in msg #2 above, the BBcode appears instead of a video. Therefore, I think, this is evidence that K 1.6.1 has not addressed the matter.

I will refer this to the development team for their response to your questions.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by freedomcoach
Hi Everyone:

It seems that there hasn't been much forward movement on this item in a while. I'm posting more videos to my forum which are quite important from an educational standpoint, and so far I still cannot post ANY videos that are not on youtube. This is a significant limitation. Developers, could you please fix this for 1.6.2 or 2.0 if that is going to be the next version? It is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Video in K1.6
Hello,

What kind of videos are you trying to put in your messages ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by freedomcoach
xillibit, I'm simply wanting to insert videos from one of the sources in the drop down menu of video sources existing in K1.6.

As far as I can tell, inserting videos that are not on youtube will not display. At least that was true in 1.6.0. Has this been fixed?

Sincerely,
Howard

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds