Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #61 by prilly
Replied by prilly on topic Re:I like your CB Template!
Well, somebody slammed it in my face recently because there were "errors" on my site. No, those are not errors if you're doing HTML. If WC3 is being used to insult people who work hard on their sites, then that's wrong. We're learning. I got thrown in the deep end with PHP, CSS, etc a year ago and I'm making progress.

In the past two weeks I have come to appreciate Div's a whole lot more than I did. But when a Div goes flying off the page and won't behave itself, then I use tables.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by prilly.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 11 months ago #62 by castrop
Replied by castrop on topic Re:I like your CB Template!
hjames,

accordions are kinda cool, but not always very useful. When there is a lot content,long listing etc. visitors need to scroll. Or they close/open one after the other. Not really an enrichment. Tabs are more easy and faster I think. They should just look&feel more appealing than the CB tabs. Sliding or transition perhaps.
Just a thought.
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #63 by diavolo32
I have the same thinking as castrop. Is just only an idea: they're cool, but are tab are: seasier to users, and cleaner for a great design. My opinion.

Great job!! :D
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by diavolo32.
More
14 years 11 months ago #64 by roland76
Hello hjames,

first: Thanks for your great ideas and work!!! I think the open/close is a good idea if you use it only for a few tabs...

I copied your idea (hope this is ok...) and made a new profile page:

Attachments:
More
14 years 11 months ago #65 by roland76
and here page 2: I also modified the friends/connections and give them a slimer outfit...

Attachments:
More
14 years 11 months ago #66 by hjames
Not bad, looks really good.

What code base did you use for the Open/Close function?

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
14 years 11 months ago #67 by itgl72
This all looks exciting.

Too bad I (many of us) are still in a stand still as far as putting the kunena with cb integration LIVE. Waiting on CB to come out with next version, and Kunena to go 1.5 native.

Keep up the great template work, its exciting as I said to see new ideas come out of this.
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #68 by roland76
Hello hjames,

for the Javasript function and CSS I used your code... (I hope it's ok that I copied it... If you sell a template later I'll buy it of course... I also bought the plugin... ;-) ). And the php-changes (for backend choosing in tab management) are modified by myself...

A other way but similar would be: If you open a second open/close-tab, the first open tab close automaticly... I used this way for my Extend Kunena Editor . If you need the code therefore, you can download it. I used a hidden formular that "safe" which tab are open.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by roland76.
More
14 years 11 months ago #69 by prilly
I didn't understand what you meant by "collapsible", but I figured it out finally. It's because I'm not using the Jomsocial default templates so the collapsibles weren't working quite right. I'm going to have to adjust the graphics. The menus do fold up, if you know where to click. In fact, it's rather clever. I can see why you like it. I'm glad you pointed that out...

I think it's very impressive that you were able to duplicate that kind of behavior on the CB template you're working on.

I wasn't able to do much customizing on that menu, I would adjust it but it didn't "take." I'd change it, upload it, and it was all the same as it had been. Is that because of the template generator? Maybe I was just confused. I've tried to do too much on this site in the past month.

It's starting to come together really nice though. I was afraid to get into using Joomla because they said it's hard to learn, but I'm impressed with it because it's so versatile.

Cyndy
More
14 years 11 months ago #70 by tobiasfransson
Man definietly tell me when you have published this template :)

looks AWESOME!
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds