Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question *NEW* Community Builder Template

More
15 years 1 week ago #31 by hjames
Guys/Gals I do apologize for my absense!

Unfortunately I have had a Stomach Virus and the results have not been pretty. Therefore I have been taking it easy the last few days and even missed a couple of days of work so tomorrow (Friday) I will be working from the house to makeup some of that time.

If time permits I will make some notes and spread the word of where I stand on the project. I want to thank all of you for your encouraging words and anyone that has made a feature request I will try and address them or make comment to your comments but right now I need to get some more rest and get over this bug.

I know you all will understand!

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
The topic has been locked.
More
15 years 1 week ago #32 by bwkeyboardman
James,

Get well. This can wait. We appreciate you letting us know what's up which is more than can be expected!

Thanks again!
BW
More
15 years 6 days ago #33 by hjames
Ok, I am back but still not great!

Now my whole family is sick. Anyhow, back to the project and updates.

Because I was sick I haven't spent much time piddling with the project, it hurt to even get out of bed. So I am back at it slowly but surely making progress. There are some elements of concern that I have and the first being simplicity. Not everyone here is a crack hack with this stuff so I am going to do my best to make it Dummy proof. Not that your a dummy if you don't know it but the less questions the better am I right?

So, with that being said I am building a couple of new Plugins for CB.. semi-disclosed information for now. The reason for this is if you spread an idea some other beep beep beep takes it, runs with it and puts their name on it. I want to be that person that puts their name on it.

So, back to what I was saying...

I am building these plugins which will make the layout process much easier to understand and let you as users easily install and setup the sytem. Its fairly easy as is but lets make it that much easier.

Next, keep in mind I am working SOLO and have a family, full time job, and personal projects that this is actually for so time of completion is at my convenience really. I know noone has harassed me yet but I just so I can say I warned ya.. lol

Also, I am a member of several Beta Test Teams for other Joomla! software and often times they require immediate help in pinpointing problems and getting to Stable so that slows me down as well.

As for custom styling.. I decided I am going to leave this all to your creative minds. My default style will be as you see on my site because graphics are easy but I just don't have a need to mess with it at this point. << TIME!

Great comments and feedback as well guys/gals so I will end it here and get back to work.

Thanks,
James

Are there any good, talented graphics designers out there? Someone with a creative edge?

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 6 days ago #34 by kolo
I vote hjames for Joomla President.
More
15 years 6 days ago #35 by hjames
President... hmmm!

Ok, stop daydreaming! Anyways, I wanted to post two new updates! One regarding the template and the other regarding another project I have had my hands in.

1. Template - Myself and my favorite Development Team ( www.joomservices ) and I are going to put our heads together on the template project to take it from what you see now to something even more phenominal!

Those of you waiting in anticipation bare with us and we will provide frequent updates to progress and will hopefully wow you even more.

2. CB Selection Plugin - This is a plugin I had designed and the codeing is beyond me by a mile so I had my friend at JoomServices lend me a hand and build it up. Both of us put hours of thought and process into it and I think its turned into an excellent addition to a community site. No more Tab/Plugin clutter for users who don't use them and more advanced privacy so they can pick and choose exactly who they want viewing their information. The news... we released Version 1.1 today which offers added features such as Multilanguage Support and Help/Info tab!

If your not familiar with it you can check out my other post here: www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=12&...70&limit=10&start=10

or

Read about it here:
If your new to the plugin get familiar and aquante yourself with the latest and greatest in CB Technology from the OSSolution Team at www.joomservices.com . Here is a synopsis of what exactly it offers you and your CB driven community:

Here is a great Community Builder (CB) Plugin called Plugin Selection. The basic idea of this plugin is allow each user to individually select which other plugins that he/she would like to use and display. The plugins for selecting includes pre-installed CB plugins and all of other CB plugins installed by the Administrator. Once the plugin is installed and published, it allows users to control other plugins (Add To/Remove From their profile, Setting Privacy for each separate plugin). So by using our plugin, the members of your site can be able to Hide/Show specific information to different user groups and connections. By default only CORE Plugins are published so users must enable additional Plugins before they will be able to see their useful information...

Main features
- Plugin's Back-end side
At the Back-end side of the plugin, the Administrator has a few options to make the plugin to be done flexiblely.
+ Choose the core applications which are used/displayed as default, users can't control them at Front-end.
+ Choose the other applications which are associated with this plugin. Only associcated applications can be controlled by users at Front-end.
+ Choose privacy types which will be used by users at Privacy Setting section at Front-end. There are a lot of privacy types are used, includes:
All of Joomla user types:
- Public
- Registered
- Author
- Editor
- Publisher
- Manager
- Administrator
- Super Administrator
All of connection types comming from configuration of CB automatically as:
- Friend
- Co-workker
- Employer
- Etc.
It means that all of connection types that you putted under Connections tab of CB Configuration Manager will be appeared here automatically.
- Plugin's Front-end side
At the Front-end, the plugin is displayed as a tab. In this tab, users will see 3 main sections:
+ Core Applications: Here is the list of core applications (choosed by Administrator at Back-end side of the plugin). Users can see detail information of core applications but they can't control them.
+ Selected Applications: Here is the list of selected applications added by themselves before. User can see detail information, Setting Privacy and Remove them from their profile if he wants. In the Setting Privacy part for each application, he can decide who will be able to view that plugin on his profile.
+ Available Applications: Here is the list of associated applications that un-choosed yet by current user. So he can add any applications from this list to his profile if he want.

Other features
- Users can be able to view detail information and setting privacy for each application using HighSilde
- The plugin also use Accordion Effects so it's very easy and friendly for users.
- Multilanguages support and the displayed languages can be change easily
- And moreā€¦

System requirements
The plugin is compatible with both of Joomla 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5, Community Builder 1.2 Stable.

Demo Plugin
To help you understand how the plugin is working, we have installed a demo site (Joomla 1.5 native and CB 1.2 Stable) on our server. Here is the links:
1. Front-end: cbplugins.joomservices.com/
2. Back-end: cbplugins.joomservices.com/administrator/
(Login account: admin/admin)

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here or at our Support Forum here: joomservices.com/component/fireboard/?func=listcat&catid=33

I hope you all enjoy the new template when it is released and give the CB Selection a looksy when you have a chance as I think you will like it.

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 5 days ago #36 by castrop
Hey James,

the plugin looks great! I always wondered why those functions are not part of CB as they are so essential for a community site. I made my purchase already and I hope that encourages you to keep working on the template ;)
I already started working on a suitable template for my little community project but decided to stop wasting my time after seeing what you are up to. Great job!

castrop
More
15 years 5 days ago #37 by hjames
Thanks a ton Castrop!

I assure you that my progress towards the CB Template is no way altered by anyones purchase of the CB Selection Plugin but your purchase is greatly appreciated! What your purchase does is help ensure Lifetime support of the product and future improvments. So THANK YOU a TON!

Like with most products we encourage people that like them to Rate them and spread the word. What that will do is help the project and bring new ideas to it. As with most things they all start with an idea and the best part of purchasing a product from us is your voice will be heard and the features you want will come with time. So if you have a request, need or want please let us know so we can improve our product for you and for the community.

I am hopeing to finalize details about the template with my partner and will release the first File set to them today. Bare with me a bit long folks.. its coming!

Thanks,
James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 5 days ago #38 by hjames
On a side note!

I want to extend a HUGE Thank You and Hand Shake to everyone that has been so kind as to make a post, encourage the continuonce of the project and help motivate me especially when I was sick. Your words are a blessing and I thank you deerly!

James

Joomla 1.5.24
More
15 years 5 days ago #39 by rw1
registered to subscribe, sounds good! thanks!
More
15 years 4 days ago - 15 years 4 days ago #40 by prilly
Replied by prilly on topic I like your CB Template!
That's a beautiful job on your CB template. I'll be interested in knowing when it's finished. :)
Last edit: 15 years 4 days ago by prilly.
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds