Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena and JomSocial. And the signature?

More
14 years 4 months ago #61 by fxstein
madLyfe wrote:

ok stop searching, i havnt touched in in like 10 mins and now its working all of the sudden.. dunno why.. thanks for ur great work!

That might have been the cache.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #62 by madLyfe
ya ur prolly right..

word up!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #63 by Oscarfishlover
Hey guys, congratulations on a fantastic plug-in that that will now enable my members to edit their signatures & other forum goodies, absolutely love it, it fits into JomSocial beautifully.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
14 years 4 months ago #64 by fxstein
Oscarfishlover wrote:

Hey guys, congratulations on a fantastic plug-in that that will now enable my members to edit their signatures & other forum goodies, absolutely love it, it fits into JomSocial beautifully.

Glad you like it. We should also have an updated/enhanced version of the mykunena plugin over the next couple of days. The one that lists the last X messages of that user on the profile wall.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #65 by woonydanny
hi fxstein,
it is a good first step, however it still is part of kunena profile system we are accessing instead of jomsocial. In the sense, it shows the birthdate, location, etc etc which are already jomsocial custom profile fields which then doubles up. Also if i am in the jomsocial homepage and so have the menu with forum settings and i click on one (say favourites) then i am taken away from the jomsocial page and to the kunena system.

Ideally, i think it should all be done within jomsocial somehow.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 4 months ago #66 by Oscarfishlover
peetree21 wrote:

hi fxstein,
it is a good first step, however it still is part of kunena profile system we are accessing instead of jomsocial. In the sense, it shows the birthdate, location, etc etc which are already jomsocial custom profile fields which then doubles up. Also if i am in the jomsocial homepage and so have the menu with forum settings and i click on one (say favourites) then i am taken away from the jomsocial page and to the kunena system.

Ideally, i think it should all be done within jomsocial somehow.

Yes, but will JomSocial actually do anything about this and build something into their system? Don't get me wrong, I love JomSocial, it's miles ahead of anyone else. But, I don't feel as if the developers are putting 100% into the project. Nine times out of 10, their forums are useless and you don't get a conclusive answer. On the other hand the developers seem to be taking Kunena very seriously and are striving to make it a component that everyone wants. They have got a little way to go before it's up to the standards of some of the other boards but if they continue to add new components to the forum, i.e. polls etc, it will be an awesome product.

You mentioned something about the profile fields doubling up . I suppose in theory it would be better if the information you add in to your JomSocial profile would actually appear on your Kunena forum, instead of having to do things twice. However, I don't think it's too much of a hardship.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 4 months ago #67 by woonydanny
well i think it can be done with a jomsocial plugin rather than having to build it into their system which i dont agree with. Just the data needs to write to the kunena database tables rather than showing the kunena profile page. So the actual information and fields etc can be in the jomsocial plugin.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 4 months ago #68 by Matias
Answering all the support questions slows down development, so large projects need to balance between those two. But you're right -- profile should be saved into one place instead of two.

More
14 years 4 months ago #69 by Oscarfishlover
I have noticed that when looking in recent discussions on my website, if one member has posted a few times, they have a different avatar, one of them being an old one. I wonder if this has something to do with this plug-in?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #70 by FreeThinker
this isn't probably the best suitablke place to post this....
...but since it's related with signature...here goes.

How can i get the signature to extend to allow that images can be in front of text and not as in image below:

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by FreeThinker.

Time to create page: 0.883 seconds