Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena and JomSocial. And the signature?

More
14 years 6 months ago #31 by woonydanny
would be good if this was ported to its own jomsocial plugin or incorporated into the kunena plugin for jomsocial or something

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #32 by atroa
klausre wrote:

Matias wrote:

There will be module for that very soon. Stay tuned.

Hi, whats the status on this module Matias?

More
14 years 4 months ago #33 by Azure
I can vouch for this as I've applied Joni's very clever hacks to a couple of websites I've been involved with. JomSocial signatures show up within Kunena and so this is really the solution that everyone has been looking for!

Donwoad JoniJNM's Kunena version here. and make sure you follow the link provided by lelkins in Kunena's forum.

lelkins wrote:

Check this out www.kunena.com/forum/114-hacks/1705-kunena-jonijnm-edition-1313
I use the JoniJnm edition which has a hack/plugin/something that allows your members to set their signature from their jomsocial profile.

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #34 by Oscarfishlover
I have resigned myself to the fact that we are never going to be able to modify our signatures if we have the JomSocial profile activated. We have been asking for this for months now and nothing has happened. It is easy to actually blame it on JomSocial and say that it is up to them to come up with a solution, but since you have the option to choose JomSocial profile from within Kunena, shouldn't Kunena take some responsibility for coming up with some kind of solution for us?

Anyway, every now and then I give everyone on my forum the opportunity to make changes to their signature by switching off JomSocial profile, that's about the best I can do for the moment.

Some people have suggested using JoniJnm Kunena version which enables people to edit their signatures, however, what happens when we need to upgrade, are they going to keep up with Kunena upgrades? I have checked the website out and most of it isn't even English so I didn't bother in the end

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
14 years 4 months ago #35 by fxstein
Sorry guys - you are absolutely right. We need to rectify this.

We just had too many higher priority things going on. There used to be a very elegant backdoor that allowed for these edits to happen, as long as you placed a link to that anywhere on your site. It got turned off when CB integration was put to the next level.

We need to fix and re-enable this.

For K2.0 this is going to be a totally new piece of code that will allow any 3rd party component to simply call and leverage our views that contain those features.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #36 by fxstein
Actually that thing did get fixed. You just need to place the following link onto your webpage or into the Jomsocial profile page:

www.kunena.com/forum/myprofile/profileinfo

replace kunena with your domain (this URL is for SEF)

It will allow you to edit the Kunena profile information of a logged in user even if JomSocial integration is turned on. I know it is not a clean way, but it works.

Going forward this needs to be fixed

More
14 years 4 months ago #37 by oopwdecks
Could this link be added as a jom social application so that when you upload it as a plugin, it will display automatically in jom social profile or in the jom social application area?

More
14 years 4 months ago #38 by fxstein
oopwdecks wrote:

Could this link be added as a jom social application so that when you upload it as a plugin, it will display automatically in jom social profile or in the jom social application area?

Yes it can. We will have a look at how we can make that happen quickly.

More
14 years 4 months ago #39 by woonydanny
yes, but do we really want members accessing another profile control panel outside of the jomsocial one?

there are some double ups of input fields and so is pretty confusing. I like the CB kunena plugin that shows the kunena favourites, subscribed threads, signature etc from the plugin. The jomsocial plugin should do the same thing i believe and not use the kunena profile area.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
14 years 4 months ago #40 by mibnbikes
Hi Kunena guys, affraid so say that I am also waiting for the signature/jomsocial function. I guess this also concerns for Subscriptions and favorites, they are not to be seen outside of the Kunena profile or in Jomsocial profile page if this is enabled.

Regards Mikkel.

Time to create page: 0.622 seconds