Kunena 5.1.14 Released - Security release (13 Aug 2019)

The Kunena team is proud to announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.14 [K5.1.14] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.14. This update fixed 1 security issue.

× This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Kunena Discuss create hundreds of posts on my forum :/

More
7 years 10 months ago #31 by Matias
Did you also upgrade Kunena Discuss?

If so, we have another issue in the plugin.. I may have an idea: do you have upper case letters in your Joomla table prefix setting (configuration.php)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #32 by audioindo

Matias wrote: Did you also upgrade Kunena Discuss?

If so, we have another issue in the plugin.. I may have an idea: do you have upper case letters in your Joomla table prefix setting (configuration.php)?

Yes, I upgrade everything.
No, I don't have upper case letters in my joomla table prefix setting (configuration.php)

More
7 years 10 months ago #33 by Matias
So your issue is that Kunena still creates a lot of topics on a single page load? It shouldn't be possible as we prevent plugin from being loaded more than once; maybe there's something else that's going on...

I don't think that there are other ways than to see what's happening in your environment.

Are there others who are still having the same issue?

More
7 years 10 months ago #34 by audioindo

Matias wrote: So your issue is that Kunena still creates a lot of topics on a single page load? It shouldn't be possible as we prevent plugin from being loaded more than once; maybe there's something else that's going on...

I don't think that there are other ways than to see what's happening in your environment.

Maybe

I'm curious too

More
7 years 9 months ago #35 by carmoto

Matias wrote:

yes, i have the same problem...

when i try to write a message i get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in kunena.parser.php on line 271

J¡1.7.2 K and Kd 1.7.1 jomsocial 2.4

More
7 years 9 months ago #36 by sozzled
carmoto: You wrote " I have the same problem ... " but you do did not read the subject! If you have the "same problem" then Kunena Discuss would be working, but it would be creating "hundreds of posts" on your forum. Instead of that, you are getting a fatal error message telling you that you do not have enough memory to run Kunena 1.7.1 and Kunena Discuss 1.7.1) with J! 1.7.2 and JomSocial 2.4 because that's the only information you gave us. Out-of-memory issues are usually caused by a conflict with some other Joomla extension trying to compete for resources with Kunena.

So, no, it is clear that you do not have "the same problem" as audioindo has and you should look to fix your out-of-memory error message in another way.

More
7 years 9 months ago #37 by carmoto
ok, sorry sozzled, i get this fatal error, and after that, hundreds of post appears in my forum... I assumed it was clear

More
7 years 9 months ago #38 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply. No, it was not clear that an out-of-memory error was related to Kunena Discuss creating hundreds of posts on the forum. I've just looked at the 40-odd message posted in this topic and yours is the first time there is a mention of an out-of-memory error. I think the out-of-memory error is unrelated (but I could be wrong) and you should attend to that problem. If you fix the out-of-memory error, then we can return to this topic. Does that sound like a reasonable way to proceed?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds