Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] Posts on forum disappear!

More
12 years 4 months ago #21 by Hoffi
Hello,

we had the same problem of empty posts in some cases where links are included. We found the post of Ardenlyn here and the "shorten url" feature caused our problem too. Crazy, but the same site copied to my local xampp or a second local machine with lampp worked fine. :huh:

I have analysed this on our live server (FreeBSD) and I found the preg_replace() inside KunenaBBCodeInterpreter::PostProcessing() runs in a PREG_BACKTRACK_LIMIT_ERROR (get by preg_last_error()). So my first idea was to assign the replace result to a local variable and check last error before replacing original text.
But additionally I found the cause of the error: it's the "\3?" inside the search pattern. I have replaced this by "(http(s?):\/\/)?" which doesn't change the meaning but makes preg_replace() happy. ;)

We are using Joomla! 1.7.3 and Kunena 1.7.1, xampp has PHP 5.3.1 but lampp and our live server have running PHP 5.3.8.

Another little thing inside the same file:
In 1.7.1 you (the developers) have added "index.php" two times to a regular expression. Because you mean the concrete character "." you should escape it. Actually e.g. "index4php" would match too.
(sorry, if this is the wrong place to tell such things)

Best regards,
Hoffi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #22 by jabbott
This fixed it for me too! Thanks!

--ja

More
12 years 4 months ago #23 by Matias
Reported the bug, thanks!

More
12 years 4 months ago #24 by astrogoal

jabbott wrote: This fixed it for me too! Thanks!

--ja

What?

More
12 years 4 months ago #25 by Virgo3456
If you switch off the "shorten url" feature in the Kunena-backend posts will no longer disappear.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, astrogoal, jaxtertee

More
12 years 4 months ago #26 by jabbott

More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by ew128
Replied by ew128 on topic all post with link are blank
Hi. I saw today strange problem. All posts with added link are showing nothing. When I try to edit text is displaying normaly and after save the same problem. Not showing post.
When i remove linka all it's ok.

Kunena 1.7.2, Joomla 1.5.25.

More
12 years 2 months ago #28 by miamiman
I had the same problems on our forums.

Switched the "Trim long URLs" to NO.

And my missing forum posts reappeared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, itqan-2010

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #29 by ew128
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : ja_community_plus | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.1.2 | creationdate: 07/01/2011

Kunena default template details : EVOLUTION SLATE - FREE Kunena 1.6 template | author: www.TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-06-01

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | CommunityBuilder 1.4 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.2

blank post (with link inside) you could find there
"mysite.pl" in above link you need to change for correct value from confidential section
remark: site is for adult
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by ew128.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #30 by sozzled
ew128: The answer is here, in this topic.

(1) If you want Kunena to work, disable Legacy mode
(2) If you want Kunena to work, upgrade to K 1.7.2
(3) If you want Kunena Latest to work, upgrade to Kunena Latest 1.7.2
(4) If you want Kunena to work with Community Builder, upgrade to CB 1.7.1
(5) If you want Kunena to work with uddeIM, upgrade to uddeIM 2.6
(6) If you want Kunena to work properly, use a Kunena template that was designed for K 1.7; if you have problems with K 1.7.2 while you are using the EVOLUTION SLATE - FREE Kunena 1.6 then please direct your questions to the author of that template. We do not support or endorse that template with K 1.7.2.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

Time to create page: 0.689 seconds