Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 2 months ago #241 by brianronnow
Replied by brianronnow on topic menu problem
HI

I have an issue with missing menuitems at the top.
How can i get that on my site again?

Best regards
Brian Rønnow - www.nowweb.dk - www.cms-undervisning.dk
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 months ago #242 by sozzled
G'day, Brian, and welcome to Kunena.

The answer to your frequently-asked question is to use the FAQs menu tab, located in the menu at the top of the forum here, as read the tips given in How do I restore my Kunena menu? as well as other advice given in this topic. I hope this helps.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #243 by LarsW
Hi!

I am having a strange problem.
Using Kunena 1.7.2, Joomla 2.5.1 and Danish language files for both.

I have changed the Kunena menu (translated items to Danish).

When using Danish frontend language, the "New topic" (Nyt emne) button only reload the current page (no editor opens), but when switching frontend language to English, the button (still translated) DOES work, and the editor opens. I have made sure the alias for the menu items match the menu item text (otherwise I got a 404 ...).
I'm using the default template.

I cannot find answers to problems (other than another person found another forum - which is a bad solution! - as I have put a lot of work in translating the language files into Joomla 1.6 format...)

/Lars

[SOLUTION]
DO NOT tamper with the language setting for the individual menu items. I had set "Kunena Forum" and "Index" to only work for Danish. After resetting to "All", suddenly the editor opens when clicking "Nyt emne" (New Topic).
Strange behaviour, if you ask me - but I'm happy now, that the editor works B)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by LarsW. Reason: Found the solution ...
More
12 years 1 month ago #244 by carlbeck
I installed it but I did not get the big long list of green OKs. I first go about 15 to 20 Green OKs the it hesitated for several seconds then I got the blue joomla installed successfully. I went throy the control panel but did not change anything. I checked all of the tabs to see what was there but did not change anything. i finally clicked finish but I cannot find it. I did a search for Kunena menues and there are 3. I checked those and found nothing to show where it would be shown on the web site. I cannot find anything that I can link to my web site menu. Should there be a module? Should there be an Artical? I have gone through everthing on the Kunena content drop-down menu and cannot find where to link it to my web site menu. HELP!
More
12 years 1 month ago #245 by CheechDogg
Hello carlbeck and welcome to Kunena.org. I see that you are a new member to the Community.

I am going to give you a list of things to check for:

1. Log into your backend and check under Components and look for Kunena

2. If you have Kunena you need to create a Menu Item in your main menu by going to your Menu Manager , create New , Menu Type=Kunena and choose Index, name it Forums and save.

After you do this you should see your Menu Link in the main menu and you can access your forums from the front end.

If you need additional help don't hesitate to ask.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 1 month ago #246 by carlbeck
Thanks. I found "Category index" of several, and linked it to that. That got me started. However it don’t work. When I click on my Forum menu I see what I expected. It looks like a Forum. HOWEVER: Anything I click on in the FORUM gives me a RED WARNING: Using direct link to Kunena. No suitable menue item found.

Something I don't understand: From my joomla "control panel", "Menus", "Kunena Menu", there are no menus there. I expected to see a list of several menus.
More
12 years 1 month ago #247 by CheechDogg
Can you please post your forums configuration report carlbeck?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago #248 by carlbeck
I think this is what you ask for:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 240 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_dome_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.3.0 | creationdate: 02/17/2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 1 month ago #249 by CheechDogg
Ok Mr. Carlbeck please do this.

Go to your backend, go to your Kunena's control panel and recreate your menu. You don't have a menu created right now and that is what is giving you that error.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 1 month ago #250 by carlbeck
OK I found an item in Kunens control panel. Clicked on it and got this: 500 - An error has occurred. Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent

I mentioned this is an early post: On joomla control panel I click in Menues: I see: "main Menu and Kunena menue. When I click on Kunena menu: There are no menus shown. I deleated the Kunens menu and went back to the Kunens control panel and clicked "Create Menu" again and got the same error as above: 500 error
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds