Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index

More
12 years 1 month ago #61 by Billhur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #62 by Billhur

Billhur wrote: How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?

Go to Kunena Menu (in Joomla Menu Manager) and change the first entry. There's option that allows you to select a different the default "entry" page.

when i click the Joomla Menu manager and click Kunena It gives a bunch of catagories, there is now way to select a different entry page.

answer please? I dont know if i can use this forum if this is the way support is

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #63 by Billhur
How do I change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index?
from the FAQ

Go to Kunena Menu (in Joomla Menu Manager) and change the first entry. There's option that allows you to select a different the default "entry" page.

when i click the Joomla Menu manager and click Kunena It gives a bunch of catagories, there is now way to select a different entry page.

this didnt get me results
I deleted my entire board and started over thinking it would fix it but it did not and now i have a ton of work to reinstall the topics and whatnot.

please dont refer to another post rather give me the straight answer to assist me in making this work
is it because im using joomla 1.5
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Billhur.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #64 by Jiminimonka
This has been answered for you several times already.

If you wish to continue asking the same question, then I suggest you also post your Kunena Configuration Report, un-edited and maybe we can proceed from there.

Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #65 by sozzled
billhur: Please do not keep repeating your question by starting several new topics. This does not help you, it does not help us and and it certainly doesn't help other people who may be interested in solving the problem. I have merged your several topics together into this one.

I have sent you a PM in reply to yours sent to me.

The answer to your question is given in msg #2, is repeated in msg #8 and msg #17 (and it's probably repeated a dozen or more times after that). Changing the default view of the forum (or the landing page after you click the Forum menu item on your home page ... or however you want to describe your problem) is simply a matter of changing the menu item for "Forum" that is displayed on your home page.

There's no rocket science in this. The Forum menu item on your home page is just a Joomla menu item; you change the characteristics of this menu item by using the Joomla Menu Manager on your Administration site - the "backend" as we sometimes call it. There is nothing "outdated" in the method. This is the same way that Joomla has operated for the past 4 years or more.

This is a community-driven self-help forum that assumes a basic knowledge of Joomla but, for people who are having difficulties with the basics of Joomla and who do not have the time to learn Joomla, we may be able to help you with some basic site setup after coming to a mutual arrangement in terms of what it costs for our time to do your work for you.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #66 by Billhur
i got it thanks

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #67 by bigmike0601
Im using 1.7.2

I read the wiki and found the following explanation, but I can't find the drop-down that it mentions. How can I change the landing to index?

docs.kunena.org/index.php/Where_I_can_se...ons%2C_Categories%29

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #68 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

The answer is here. The Wiki article you referred to was written for K 1.0/K 1.5.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #69 by bigmike0601

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #70 by petko8680
Replied by petko8680 on topic Categories order
Hi all,
i am new here and have a question. I installed kunena forum 1.7.2 on my joomla site, but when i click on the forum button, it opens the forum, but shows the recent topics and don't show the categories themself like it's is here on this forum. I just want to know how can I fix that. cheers

want to show it like this one
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by petko8680.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds