Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Change the "default view" of the forum from Recent Topics to Index

More
12 years 7 months ago #41 by Matias
You need to change first menu item (Forum) from Kunena Menu. It has a field that defines default page (points to another menu item).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42 by Jungalist81
"Go to Kunena Menu (in Joomla menu manager) and change the first entry. There's selection that allows you to pick up the default page."

I am confused to what the "first entry" is and the selection is.

The Kuena forum is broken up into categories such as Forum Configuration, Category Manager, Forum Manager, emoticons, etc. Is this the "first entry" you speak of?

More
12 years 7 months ago #43 by Matias
Not in Kunena, in Joomla (sorry).

So go to menu manager and select "Kunena Menu". Then open the first item called "Forum" and in the right side you should see dropdown to select other menu items. Pick the one you want to use as default and save.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jungalist81

More
12 years 7 months ago #44 by Jungalist81
Thank you Matias for your help. I was able to switch from reccent topics to Categories.

I have a suggestion Matias. I suggest to have it the Kuena default to displaying the index initially. Five pages worth of responses asking for "how to change from reccent topics to index" should warrant that dont you think?

I dont mean to offend, I only offer this suggestion simply because I love this plugin and I hope that this will be used by every Joomla owner. Thank you

More
12 years 7 months ago #45 by Matias
I'm not sure, but I think I've already changed this for Kunena 2.0. I need to check, but now I'm too tired to do that.

More
12 years 5 months ago #46 by stevetyler
My new forum seems to revert to "recent posts" by default when first opening the forum whereas I would like it to simply go to the index with all categories displayed. I can't find an option to change this. Any ideas?

Also, where would I find where to change the tabs at the top, e.g. "rules", "help" etc.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #47 by sozzled

stevetyler wrote: My new forum seems to revert to "recent posts" by default when first opening the forum whereas I would like it to simply go to the index with all categories displayed. I can't find an option to change this. Any ideas?

G'day, Steve, and welcome to Kunena.

This is a fairly common question. The answer is in msg #2 of this topic. If you are having troubles with the menu, you should go to the Joomla Menu Manager and find your Forum item from it. Find the item that is of type "Kunena Forum » Entrypage", edit the item and change Default Menu Item to "- Index".

stevetyler wrote: Also, where would I find where to change the tabs at the top, e.g. "rules", "help" etc.

That's also a frequently asked question. The answer is given on the FAQs - click the menu tab at the top of the foum on this page and see under How do I edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in Kunena (e.g. rules, help, search)? .
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wingnut144

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #48 by audiodef
I'm setting up a new Joomla site and using Kunena. How do I make the "Forum" menu in my site's main menu land on the Kunena index instead of on "Recent Topics"? I have tried changing the "required settings" for the menu item to "--index" but that didn't work. I also cannot seem to edit the link field to change it from "index.php?Itemid=472".

EDIT:

Never mind. I thought what I did didn't work, but it did. It just took a couple of site reloads in my browser. All is good!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by audiodef.

More
12 years 3 months ago #49 by Vi3tShugo
Since I had a bit of trouble with this as well and this thread has five pages here is exactly, step by step, what I did for those who might need it:

Currently using - 1.7.3 Joomla with latest Kunena
1.) Login to Joomla Admin Control Panel
2.) Click on the "Menus" Tab at the top and select "Kunena Menu"
3.) Click on the menu item called "Forum"
4.) Look to the right and click on "Required Settings"
- It should expand and show "Default Menu Item *"
5.) Click on the drop down menu and click "Index" or whichever you want to be the default.
6.) Save & Close

The names of the items might vary if you've changed them, but that's the general idea.

More
12 years 3 months ago #50 by foxmulder
When I open my forum the opening page is recent post but I want to change it to index page. How can I do it?

And in the text area some of my buttons such as edit, quoto are invisible. So my users cannot edit their posts. How can i solve it. Picture below

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds