Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to implement Search Engine Optimisation - SEO - in Joomla

More
12 years 3 months ago #31 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Problem with Joomla SEF
Easiest way to unravel the "mystery" about Joomla SEO is to follow the advice in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #32 by sozzled
I have updated Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) with further information that is relevant to K 1.7 and to the need to have a component menu item published on your site in order to make Kunena use Joomla SEF URLs.

More
12 years 3 months ago #33 by AngelMR87
i cant post because i have my SEO setting in my global configuration set to yes but if i set everything to NO im able to post. but i need my SEO Setting set to Yes what can i do?

my forum
www.mireggaeton.com/reggaeton/forum/index.html

More
12 years 3 months ago #34 by AngelMR87
Replied by AngelMR87 on topic help
i cant post because i have my SEO setting in my global configuration set to yes but if i set everything to NO im able to post. but i need my SEO Setting set to Yes what can i do?

my forum
www.mireggaeton.com/reggaeton/forum/index.html

More
12 years 3 months ago #35 by andres
Hi,
I've got a running Joomla 1.5.25 site with all the 3 SEO options enabled; I' would like to add a forum using Kunena to this site, but from what I've read :

SEO Settings->Add suffix to URLs MUST be set to NO

considering that it's not really possible to change this setting (the site has thousands pages, and it should need thousands of 301 redirects), is there a way to make Kunena 1.7.1 work with suffix URLs enabled?
If NO, is this a problem that is going to be fixed with Kunena 2.0 or no?

thanks in advance

More
12 years 3 months ago #36 by Matias
No, the above setting has no effect to Kunena. Updated above document not to have that setting in it.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #37 by andres
Thanks Matias,
so I can install Kunena with SEO URLs suffix set to YES?
because I've read in several discussions that this could cause problems (or pages duplications, don't know well)...
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=...&hl=it&ct=clnk&gl=it
Are you sure about this?
(excuse me if I ask again but before start working on the forum I wanted to be sure)...

thank you again for your fast reply
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by andres.

More
12 years 3 months ago #38 by Matias
I'm sure that the setting won't break Kunena as I'm using it myself.

There have been issues related to SEO URLs suffix = YES, but usually those have something else going on in the site. For example the bug might have been in 3rd party SEF component or somewhere else.

More
12 years 3 months ago #39 by andres
ok Matias, thank you very much again!

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #40 by sentiogr
Hi guys,

I have a kunena 1.7.1 forum and i am really very happry about this. But i have a little problem and i can't fix it... :unsure:

I have read this topic:
www.kunena.org/forum/134-k-15-installati...a-to-separate-folder
but i cannot understand what to do.. :(

Can someone help me?? Please i need to do that.. :)
Sorry for my english...
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sentiogr.

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds